Interesting. Gizmodo ranks the Lumia 920 as the #2 most important phone of 2012.

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
How is the iPhone an important phone .. Its the same phone they've been selling for almost nine years now but its taller haha .. If you ask me wp8 is the most important because it is the most innovative .. And will hopefully force apple and google to come up with some fresh designs to compete with great look of wp8

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It's important that we get a 3rd competitor. I just wish Microsoft would have come in with guns blazing instead of allowing Windows Phone 8 to come out without features that even iPhone got years ago.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Seems legit. The S3 really made quite a splash and outdid iPhone5 in many aspects. BUT it is still not as innovative and awesome as WP8, namely the fantastic Lumia 920 ;)

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
It's important that we get a 3rd competitor. I just wish Microsoft would have come in with guns blazing instead of allowing Windows Phone 8 to come out without features that even iPhone got years ago.

People need to go through this persons posts. It is just funny.......won't be long now until he brings Win Mobile 6.5 into this thread.

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Next year it will be the Jolla phone. Until then my Lumia 920 is a transitional phone. (Or might even fall back to N9)
I don't think that will take off and neither will Firefox OS (except in developing countries).

I think the most promise can be seen in Tizen as a true 4th platform since Android needs an open-source alternative very badly and this has the most support from big companies and the Linux Foundation itself.

https://www.tizen.org/

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How is the iPhone an important phone .. Its the same phone they've been selling for almost nine years now but its taller haha .. If you ask me wp8 is the most important because it is the most innovative .. And will hopefully force apple and google to come up with some fresh designs to compete with great look of wp8

They had to put the iPhone just to follow the traditional way of the top 3. It probably be weird for them if it was the top two. Disregard the iPhone, its just a filler.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It's important because it works well, gets updated on time, has the best camera on the market, has an even smaller profile in a crowd of giant phones for people that want that sort of thing, and best of all, its probably the most reliable smartphone both in terms of stability and battery life.

Yes, its pretty much almost useless compared to Android, but its the most problem-free experience for a smartphone user to this very day since Windows Phone has yet to have the features that iPhone has despite being in the market for 2 years now.

We shouldn't be asking "Why doesn't Windows Phone get recognition?" but rather "Why hasn't Microsoft given Windows Phone all the features it needs to really compete for users despite Microsoft being in the smartphone business since the year 2000?"

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It's important because it works well, gets updated on time, has the best camera on the market, has an even smaller profile in a crowd of giant phones for people that want that sort of thing, and best of all, its probably the most reliable smartphone both in terms of stability and battery life.

Yes, its pretty much almost useless compared to Android, but its the most problem-free experience for a smartphone user to this very day since Windows Phone has yet to have the features that iPhone has despite being in the market for 2 years now.

We shouldn't be asking "Why doesn't Windows Phone get recognition?" but rather "Why hasn't Microsoft given Windows Phone all the features it needs to really compete for users despite Microsoft being in the smartphone business since the year 2000?"

what features are you talking about I have an iPhone for work and its garbage ... A phone that does nothing will never have stability problems haha it will also have great battery life too .. IPhone is for people that don't know how to use computers

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
HE is right, iPhone 5 has one of the best smartphone camera. If you dont want to acknowledge it, its fine.

Source : My friend has it, also look at any Lumia 920 camera review, and they compare it to s3 and the iPhone 5.

And I also agree that the iPhone 5 is one of the most boring iphones ever, no innovation at all.

JamesTBurns

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I still think the iPhone 5 has a better camera than the Lumia 920 (I have both sitting right in front of me). Hopefully this will change with a Nokia software update. The GS3 at this point is overexposed and I think the public is even more sick of hearing about it than the iPhone. I wanted to stay loyal to the iPhone but the build quality on the 5 forced my switch to Lumia (didn't want to go back to old tech 4S). Though the jury is still out for me as to how good the 920 is, I don't think there is any question that is the most important "game changing" (man I hate that stupid term but had to use it, sorry) phone of the year.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I still think the iPhone 5 has a better camera than the Lumia 920 (I have both sitting right in front of me). Hopefully this will change with a Nokia software update. The GS3 at this point is overexposed and I think the public is even more sick of hearing about it than the iPhone. I wanted to stay loyal to the iPhone but the build quality on the 5 forced my switch to Lumia (didn't want to go back to old tech 4S). Though the jury is still out for me as to how good the 920 is, I don't think there is any question that is the most important "game changing" (man I hate that stupid term but had to use it, sorry) phone of the year.

tweak the sharpness on the 920s photos with creative studio and your all set until the update comes out.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

just wondering, besides daytime photo's (which can be touched up with Nokia creative studio's clarity filter and it's free) what about the iphone 5's camera is better than the lumia 920?

image stabilization - 920
night time photo - 920
video stabilization - 920
daytime photo - iphone 5
video's audio (since it's hand in hand with video) - 920 with HAAC mics

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
just wondering, besides daytime photo's (which can be touched up with Nokia creative studio's clarity filter and it's free) what about the iphone 5's camera is better than the lumia 920?

night time photo - 920
daytime photo - iphone 5

exactly my thoughts

JamesTBurns

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

night time photo - 920
daytime photo - iphone 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs