Successful Lumia 920 Unlock Documentation (UK RM-821)

RyanR47

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I know there have been many threads about unlocking Lumia phones, but most of them where either non-conclusive or came from unreliable members, so I want to take my time to share my successful unlocking experience with the WP-Central Community.

I jumped ship from iPhone 5 to the White Lumia 920 on the 1st of December. I purchase it from phones4u UK as sim free, however due to some stupid Nokia exclusivity deals in UK, it was locked to EE (T-Mobile, Orange, Virgin Mobile) and I wasn't able to use it with my preferred Network Provider.

The internet is littered with unlocking spam sites and this being my first time at unlocking I wasn;t sure which website to try from. So on the 6th of December I finally pulled the trigger placed an order through "FoneFunShop UK" to unlock my Lumia 920 on EE for ?30. The transaction was processed through Paypal.

After just 4 days (including sat and sun) I received my unlock code through email. The code itself was 20 digits long, but is represented in standard Nokia prefix like #pw+code+7. To unlock the lumia device, simply put a unsupported SIM card in, when the lock message pops up, dial in the 20 digits and WALA it will be unlocked. Then just simply restart the phone!!!

If you have any question, or want me to try something out feel free to let me know!
My apologies if you find this thread repetitive or unuseful.

Unlock Screen.pngLycaMobile.png

hyderaly

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Two questions - How do you find out whether your phone is RM-821 or something else.

Second, FoneFunShop puts out a big disclaimer before you place your order that they CANNOT lock EE handsets (basically a handset that can take either Orange or T-Mobile SIM). All the 920s are locked on the EE network. Did you just ignore the warning and placed the order anyway?

Christina125

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Worked for me too! Had to wait 10 days for my code but managed to get my white Lumia 920 on Tmobile unlocked so I can go back to my beloved giffgaff sim card :) woot!

LMCT

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, so I actually already have an unlock code but this unlock message never pops up... i have no idea anymore where to enter it????? :unhappysweat:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb