When I plug the Nokia Lumia 920 into Windows 7, I get error "No driver found"

Wynn Smith

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm using USB to plug the 920 into my netbook. It searches for a driver and then returns "No driver found". Am I doing something wrong? What should I do next?

Last edited:

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm using USB to plug the 920 into my netbook. It searches for a driver and then returns "No driver found". Am I doing something wrong? What should I do next?

I have the same issue. I was able to sync my songs even after I got that message, but now I cannot. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and it will no longer see my phone when I try to connect to it. Luckily I have no urgency to do so since I have most of my songs on my phone, and I can move pictures over the cloud. I had done some searches and saw that some people had the same issue, but was unable to fix it on mine yet, though I did not spend a lot of time trying.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't even get an error message! The first 920 I had sync'd after I updated my .net framework but this new one I have doesn't even acknowlege there is anything plugged in. I can't even drag and drop because it doesn't show up in "My Computer". I'm doing updates on my Windows 7 right now but if that doesn't work I have no idea how I'm going to get my music transferred over.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sweet success! I updated my Windows 7 and restarted my computer. It still didn't recognize my phone. So, as a last resort, I restarted my phone and then when I plugged it in-- EUREKA! It installed nice as can be. I can't believe how much time I spent trying to get that to work. I usually don't have trouble figuring out gadgets.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Because mine cannot find the dirver, that site will not recognize my phone. Well, it did the first time without the driver, but will not any more.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Because mine cannot find the dirver, that site will not recognize my phone. Well, it did the first time without the driver, but will not any more.

Thats exactly what mine was doing too. I was at the screen where it tells you to plug in your phone but of course I could plug it in and unplug it a million times but it wasn't going to recognize my phone. I suggest you go to the Windows update center online and get all your updates (I had 22 of them), then let your computer restart, then restart your phone (especially if you just got it and have downloaded a ton of stuff and added a bunch of accounts, etc.), then plug it in. You've got nothing to lose trying except time. I hope that works for you. I was getting really down not being able to sync my music onto my phone. Good luck!

Mike_J

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I did have the exact same problem on a Windows 7 64 bit computer that had Zune installed and when trying to connect a Lumia 920.
It drove me insane for a while but I did find a help page on the Nokia site that gave me a fix that worked. I am trying to find it again but without much success.
It explained how to look up a registry entry and then to delete the upper registery entry - it looked and read weird but worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz