Anyluck at returning phones with scratched screens?

nomis22

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has attempted to return the lumia over how easily the screen is getting scratched? Were you successful and who is your service provider?

nomis22

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking but I have to send it in after I recieve my new device. What happens if they receive my lumia 920 and decide that it has too much damage (scratched screen). Will they just make me swap back to my old one or will they charge me for the phone?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Read your warranty work, physical damage is almost always excluded. What you are suggested is warranty fraud. How "easy" it scratches is not really up for debate when it comes to warranty. There is also usually a clause about fair and reasonable expectations, or exclusion thereof.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors, they are the only way to fly. Gorilla glass is "scratch resistant", not "scratch proof". If you don't feel you need a screen protector, then by all means, don't get one. But don't complain about scratches. Other than that, just complain of random reboots. They are far too busy to check phones. They will refurb it and sell it to someone else down the road.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Are u effing kiddin' me?? You want to return a phone because YOU scratched the screen?? Really? Grow up and learn to take care of your gear.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

nomis22

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ive owned other devices that have gorilla glass and none of them scratched as easily. This has nothing to do with mistreating a device. Devices can be defective, what is so absurd about the glass being defective?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I keep reading that the screen scratches easily. And I fully expect this phone to look "used" during my ownership. I'm not real anal about stuff like this.

But having said that, in 3 weeks of daily use, this screen is like brand new. Literally. One wipe on a soft tee-shirt and not even a fingerprint is visible.

Wish my iDevices wore like this!

mowinemdown

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Really? I owned a 4S and a 3GS and neither ever scratched in years of ownership. My Lumia is scratched in 3 places already after just two weeks. My 4S was in pristine condition when I sold it. On top of that, getting a screen protector on the 920 is a big compromise due to the curved edges of the screen. I love the 920, but they really need to look at whatever coating they are putting on it. The scratches are very fine, but very noticeable to me when the screen is blank

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I keep reading that the screen scratches easily. And I fully expect this phone to look "used" during my ownership. I'm not real anal about stuff like this.

But having said that, in 3 weeks of daily use, this screen is like brand new. Literally. One wipe on a soft tee-shirt and not even a fingerprint is visible.

Wish my iDevices wore like this!
same here snake. My screen is like glass since launch day. I have no concerns about the screen quality

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Really? I owned a 4S and a 3GS and neither ever scratched in years of ownership. My Lumia is scratched in 3 places already after just two weeks. My 4S was in pristine condition when I sold it. On top of that, getting a screen protector on the 920 is a big compromise due to the curved edges of the screen. I love the 920, but they really need to look at whatever coating they are putting on it. The scratches are very fine, but very noticeable to me when the screen is blank

I had a 3gs and the screen was scratched up right away from normal use. I finally got a case for it after I started getting all sorts of scratches and dings on the case. Also apple even admitted to scratch issues on the iPhone 5 and their response was all phones get scratches. From my experience my 920 is much tougher than the iPhone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire