One Note password protection on PC/Nokia 920

Turbo_Pope

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been brought up, but I couldn't find it. For those of you that use One Note and have some files password protected, can you access them thru the app on your phone? When I try to bring it up on my phone it says:

Sync Status
Result
OneNote cant open or sync this file because it is password-protected
error code= e000032a

stevearsenault

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, password protected sections still don't sync on Windows Phone. I ran into that problem with WP7, and was hoping this would be fixed.

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Nor can you open password protected word or excel docs. Should be no reason for that. The more I use the office apps on my 820 the more disappointed I get. I have a few doc's and onenote files that I don't want out in the cloud without having a password on them but would like them available on my phone. Don't suppose there is an app in the store that could open them is there? Then I could just manually copy them to the phone and not have them sync via skydrive.

Last edited:

Turbo_Pope

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
If I find an app that does that I'll post here. I'm the same way you are-- I want access to stuff on the go, but if it's gonna be on a phone I can lose, I want to have a password on it. Seems such an easy thing to do, wonder if it was just forgotten among the million other things they had to do.

roastbeefalo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It appears that One Note still does not allow my Lumia 900 to access password protected notes. Does evernote or another note program allow this? Seems like a feature that One Note should provide.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro