Lumia 920 Screen Size

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If we compare the size of Lumia 920, isn't the screen size bit small compared to the total area. Some amount of space is wasted. What is your openion on Lumia 920's screen size?

nokia_lumia_920_white-21459274-frntl.jpg

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Its not a waste of space, its the thing that lets me hold the phone without pressing things constantly. Personally I think its totally fine. Id rather not snap and murder my village in rage.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Its not a waste of space, its the thing that lets me hold the phone without pressing things constantly.

I don't think I've ever touched that area, I don't hold it from there at all. I actually press the search key by accident a lot while dragging up the charms at the bottom of the screen. I would have preferred if the screen were larger or atleast those buttons moved a little bit lower down. Luckily Nokia made the top bezel very small so the screen isn't so bad for its size.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I hold that side a lot in landscape or with the pads on my thumb/palm when typing. I always touch that bit with the thumb/palm pad of my hand when I hold it onehanded, tbh.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I bet that their engineers had a lot of room to cram all of the hardware in there, but left that space to create topics for us to post about.

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I got mine 2 days ago and it does feel like they could have either made the screen a little bigger or the phone smaller in dimensions. Add the fact that the space on the bottom means you don't have a perfectly centered keyboard in landscape and it's kinda annoying, I didn't like this about my 800 but at least with the 920 the screen is so big portrait typing is super easy.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think a slightly larger screen, such as 4.65 may have worked out a bit better than 4.5. It's easy to see how some may find it off-putting that the Lumia 920 is a bit bigger than the GSIII, but has a smaller screen. On the other hand, I think it's nice to have some sort of bezel and not have an edge-to-edge device.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not a waste of space at all. Without that space, you'd be constantly hitting buttons by accident. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not accidentally hit the damn Bing button more than I already do. LOL

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would have liked a bit bigger screen just for viewing videos, but that's what my desktop is for. I was watching a TV show on my phone before class last night, and going from a 3.8" Droid Incredible to this was amazing, though not the best.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Lumia FX800 is a fan made concept device, it is not going to have screen of any size at all.

Any comparison to that design is pointless as it does not have to deal with the burden of various engineering compromises affecting the final design.

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
hahahahahah, these are my words. I hate myself everytime I accidently press the bloody Bing button.which is like 30 times a day. The Bing thing is very annoying :) :) :)

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from a Blackberry keyboard device. At first I thought that the 4.5" screen would be too big for my hands, and at first it was. But after having the phone for three weeks now, I'm loving it. The screen size is perfect for viewing and typing on. I feel that the 4.3" screen might have been too "thin" and much harder to type on.

About the space at the bottom, I think they had that so that you could easily hold it with one hand and press the capacitive buttons with your thumb without having to reach too far down. Try to visualize it in your head, if that space was not there and the buttons were much closer to the bottom edge of the phone, your fingers would have to reach a lot more further.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, I'm very happy. I haven't pushed the buttons by mistake once yet, which continued to happen on the 900 throughout my ownership.

It's what I've come to love about Nokia. Camera bezel scratch easy? Fixed. Buttons too close to the bezel? Fixed. Music controls not working with screen off? Fixed. On and on and on. No device is perfect, but they really seem to learn from their previous efforts. I was very happy with my 900, but I'm twice as happy with my 920.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
ANOTHER complaint thread!

Warning : Do not play a drinking game where you take a shot every time someone uselessly whines about the 920. It might kill you.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
ANOTHER complaint thread!

Warning : Do not play a drinking game where you take a shot every time someone uselessly whines about the 920. It might kill you.

Its not a complain, its an openion, when modern smartphones have 80% surface area covered with screen, that space came has a surprise to me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb