YaY, my 3rd l920 replacement was delivered (thank you Nokia)

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My 3rd and hopefully last Nokia Lumia 920 was delivered last night but I wasn't able to pick it up. Its the one Nokia sent me after emailing elop and speaking with Macy. Its replacing my second att cyan which was having battery issues (better than the first one) the started getting hot on phone calls (hotter than a normal device) and starting 2 days ago the phone started locking up and forcing itself to the lock screen, freezing and having random (not many) apps crash. (twitter,Facebook,weather,angry birds,Nokia music,settings menu) so hopefully the 3rd phone is the charm as Macy from Nokia said to me.
Att had offered me the Samsung gs3 or the iPhone 5 but I turned them down and said I was gonna wait for the new phone from nokia because I do like the device. I will update the post later tonight and tomorrow to see how things go. Fingers crossed

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My fourth 920, which was promised 2 weeks ago is nowhere to be found. Macy has avoided contact with me until I basically told her, "forget it, I'm getting an HTC 8x". Her response was, "maybe next week". :eck:

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
She told me she was going to send me a new cyan and this was last Monday 12/3/12 i believe. It was shipped out on friday 12/7/12 and came last night 12/11/12 from Texas.

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
My 3rd and hopefully last Nokia Lumia 920 was delivered last night but I wasn't able to pick it up. Its the one Nokia sent me after emailing elop and speaking with Macy. Its replacing my second att cyan which was having battery issues (better than the first one) the started getting hot on phone calls (hotter than a normal device) and starting 2 days ago the phone started locking up and forcing itself to the lock screen, freezing and having random (not many) apps crash. (twitter,Facebook,weather,angry birds,Nokia music,settings menu) so hopefully the 3rd phone is the charm as Macy from Nokia said to me.
Att had offered me the Samsung gs3 or the iPhone 5 but I turned them down and said I was gonna wait for the new phone from nokia because I do like the device. I will update the post later tonight and tomorrow to see how things go. Fingers crossed
I also have issues with my Lumia, first was dust under ffc and grease-like stains on back of polycarbonate shell. Nokia Care sent it to repair center and it returned with the same blotchy shell, one scratch on screen and loose internals(!). Only ffc was cleaned. I mailed Stephen Elop yesterday and he replied that he's sorry about what happened to me and will ask his team to assist. I'm still waiting for another mail from Stephen or Alf Noto who was in CC field. Nothing so far.. I'm wondering if there is anobody going to really help me.

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Have the same problem as OP.

I also mailed to Stephen and I got a great assistant from him and his team.
Even I lived in Thailand (and we don't have any exchange policy like you guys did in US or UK), but they allow me to exchange my (believe that) defect unit.

Just got my 2nd red Lumia 920 for 2 days, hope this will be my last :wink:

Hope you guys also got a good assistant as I did.

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Have the same problem as OP.

I also mailed to Stephen and I got a great assistant from him and his team.
Even I lived in Thailand (and we don't have any exchange policy like you guys did in US or UK), but they allow me to exchange my (believe that) defect unit.

Just got my 2nd red Lumia 920 for 2 days, hope this will be my last :wink:

Hope you guys also got a good assistant as I did.

Wow, lucky you. Wish my case solved the same way

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
on my 2nd 920. first one was black and i had the rebooting for no reason issue that others have had. took it back to the store and got a red one and havent had any issues since then.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
On my first launch day Red 920, just a random freeze every now and then, nothing that I don't believe will be fixed with a software update.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
On my first, as I'm pretty sure are most other people. It's just that the people who have issues are always the vocal minority. People don't make threads about how their Lumia 920 works as intended, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss