Who got the best deal the Lumia 920

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Who else would I put the phone under? T-Mobile? please... I actually enjoy At&t's service. Only people scared to be under a contract or folks with iffy job situations. Stop trolling and think.

How was my post "trolling"? That's a pretty liberal use of the term.

Hey, if you want to bend over and let AT&T take it to you, go for it. Enjoy. Open 150 extra lines with them and then you can upgrade every 13 days!

See, that's trolling.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I switched from iPhone to the old Samsung Focus my ATT account has been on permanent f-up. Every time i look at my account it says im eligible for a partial upgrade. this has how my last 3 phones have gone:

Samsung Focus S: received partial discount when should have been full price. Allowed to sign contract renewal

Lumia 900: Received full discount when should have been partial, got it for 99$, then Nokia gave everyone a 100$ credit. Allowed to sign contract renewal

Lumia 920: Received half ass discount- Wasnt supposed to receive any discount, sales rep couldnt figure it out since i pointed to my account saying "partial", yet system wouldnt let him issue a contract renewal for me. Store manager comes over, informs sales guy how to charge partial discount ($349) and override contract renewal. Sales guy either misheard, or ignored. Got the phone for $150. Allowed to sign contract renewal.

Lol...I think ATT may own me for the next 6-8 years.

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
How was my post "trolling"? That's a pretty liberal use of the term.

Hey, if you want to bend over and let AT&T take it to you, go for it. Enjoy. Open 150 extra lines with them and then you can upgrade every 13 days!

See, that's trolling.
to get a discount on the phone in America you have to get it on AT&T locked. how are you going to say i in particular am getting ****ed by At&t when everyone in america with a contract is on At&t? This, my friend, is why I called you a troll.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
$99 on-contract with AT&T
$25 credit using AT&T Premier
$36 activation fee waived
$50 credit-match for the Black Friday special (which I mentioned here by the way)
$50 Wireless Charger (free)

I might not have gotten the best deal out of all of you but I helped more than a few of you get a $50 credit. Helping the community meant more to me than holding onto that nugget to myself.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yellow Lumia 920 Free
Yellow wireless charger Free
Unlimited texts
Unlimited minutes
Unlimited data with tethering
3GB OpenZone WiFi
Free Deezee premium
Free Navigon UK
?30 credit on first bill
And I pay ?30/month on Orange, UK.

Good deal?

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I paid $660 no tax and free overnight shipping for my international unlocked Lumia 920 . I think thats a pretty good deal. I did get in very early on the pre ordering though.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Only people scared to be under a contract or folks with iffy job situations. Stop trolling and think.

I am on a contract. But it's a 30-day rolling contract so if Three decides to be an ******, I can then cancel my service with them. It's not just people scared to be under contract or with iffy job situations. Some of us like to buy our phones outright so we can keep the freedom of 30-day rolling contracts.

Yellow Lumia 920 Free
Yellow wireless charger Free
Unlimited texts
Unlimited minutes
Unlimited data with tethering
3GB OpenZone WiFi
Free Deezee premium
Free Navigon UK
?30 credit on first bill
And I pay ?30/month on Orange, UK.

Good deal?

That's a **** of a deal! How did you get it? Three are probably going to charge ?36/mth for that, and that's on The One Plan so I won't even have unlimited calls or texts... Plus a ?99 upfront cost.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That's a **** of a deal! How did you get it? Three are probably going to charge ?36/mth for that, and that's on The One Plan so I won't even have unlimited calls or texts... Plus a ?99 upfront cost.

Yeah I get that reaction ALL the time! No one wants to believe me ;)
I got it from P4U so will happily go for an early upgrade/phone swap if there is something new next Christmas!

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got two L900s Cyan in April 2012 for free, no activation fee, no other charges, period. Then two L920s Red for free, no activation fee, no other charges + two charging pads + additional credits on my phone bill totaling $100 + I sold both L900s for $150 each. Total: 4 windows phones + 2 charging pads + $400 in bill credits or in my pocket. All from AT&T. None of the phones have every given me issues and have always received the greatest customer svc...well beyond what I every got from anyone else. Additionally, I got two HTC Surround Windows 7.xx in 2011 for free + no activation charges & I sold each of them for $75. AT&T unlocked all four of the phones I sold. My cell phone life is great! Plus I found this site and all the great folks on it...priceless!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Haha! No, I wish! They get 40% discount on all plans and upfront costs are zero.

I only told them I wasn't happy with allowances and network coverage (rubbish on 2g!) and this was their "retention".
Its worth a try!

So I have to lie? (I'm on Three, NO coverage problems). Meh, I'll just buy the 820 on PAYG, ?9.99/mth insurance isn't so bad.

Last edited:

tor landeel

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
479 € off contract (base price - 20% discount from the store)
I'm not bound to any operator, I'm very happy as it is! I've already requested the wireless charger.
I think I made a good deal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss