Who got the best deal the Lumia 920

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I wanted to buy a Lumia 920 but I didn't have an upgrade to use. I figured that if I added a line to my service I'd be able to get the Lumia for much lower than non-contract price and just pay AT&T $10 a month for the extra line. I knew the Lumia was being sold for $99 with a new contract so when I saw Amazon selling it for $69.99 with a new contract I figured I found an awesome deal. While going to place the order, I changed the option from new contract to add a line to an existing service and that price went down to $19.99. At that point I was extremely happy and hurried up to place the order not looking at the availability. The next day I got an email from Amazon saying I wouldn't get the phone until the middle of January. That clearly wasn't going to work so I walked into the local best buy and asked them if they match Amazon Wireless pricing. After some talking amongst themselves they agreed to match the $19.99 right there on the spot. Not only did they have the phone in stock and I didn't have to pay shipping, I had $15 in coupons with Best Buy so the phone ultimately cost $5.

Anybody got a story that beats that?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the 920 for 50 dollars plus the free wireless charger (50.00) and free Nokia purity ear buds (100.00) Maybe not better, but still good :)

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
So I wanted to buy a Lumia 920 but I didn't have an upgrade to use. I figured that if I added a line to my service I'd be able to get the Lumia for much lower than non-contract price and just pay AT&T $10 a month for the extra line. I knew the Lumia was being sold for $99 with a new contract so when I saw Amazon selling it for $69.99 with a new contract I figured I found an awesome deal. While going to place the order, I changed the option from new contract to add a line to an existing service and that price went down to $19.99. At that point I was extremely happy and hurried up to place the order not looking at the availability. The next day I got an email from Amazon saying I wouldn't get the phone until the middle of January. That clearly wasn't going to work so I walked into the local best buy and asked them if they match Amazon Wireless pricing. After some talking amongst themselves they agreed to match the $19.99 right there on the spot. Not only did they have the phone in stock and I didn't have to pay shipping, I had $15 in coupons with Best Buy so the phone ultimately cost $5.

Anybody got a story that beats that?

Well, you basically bought the phone for $245. That's not really a great deal there. Not only that, but when you add a line to AT&T with a smart phone, don't they enforce a minimum $20 a month data plan on it? So you're not really paying just $10 a month, but $30.

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
i use a dumb phone on the second line. $245 is much better than $449.95 off contract. and $245 minus however much I sell my iphone for plus the ability to upgrade once a year now is definitely a win.

oh and I found a wireless charger for $40 on ebay.

TheSurrealist37

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I started a new contract with Rogers through Best Buy and at first got it for $99. But, the next weekend was Black Friday and Best Buy was offering it for $0. So I went and price protected it. So I got my 920 for free. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the phone for $50 after buying it for $100 and getting the Black Friday discount retroactively applied. I also got the free wireless charger, so I'll gladly take phone and $50 accessory for $50. I was saddened over not being able to get the earphones though, as mine are about to go out (my Zune HD ones).

I'd say that with the excessive use of Nokia Music though, I got the best deal. It allows me to not carry my Zune HD (somewhat bittersweet because I love the thing still).

h2dk

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Paid $100 (in video game trade-in credit) at Best Buy (rewardzonemobile.com). Got $50 Best Buy upgrade GC, $100 in reward zone credit, additional $30 gift card

From AT&T, got $50 credit for Black Friday price, waived $36 upgrade fee and free charging pad (they did not ask where I purchased the 920)

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Paid $100 (in video game trade-in credit) at Best Buy (rewardzonemobile.com). Got $50 Best Buy upgrade GC, $100 in reward zone credit, additional $30 gift card

From AT&T, got $50 credit for Black Friday price, waived $36 upgrade fee and free charging pad (they did not ask where I purchased the 920)
looks like we have a winner folks. You didn't pay with money and got a helluva deal.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Got mine and my wifes for $0 as both new customers but had to buy two Speck cases and a charging stand at my AT&T store. We both just got our free charging pads in the mail yesterday, so all in all I'm pretty happy.

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
i use a dumb phone on the second line. $245 is much better than $449.95 off contract. and $245 minus however much I sell my iphone for plus the ability to upgrade once a year now is definitely a win.

oh and I found a wireless charger for $40 on ebay.

Well, you paid $40 for the wireless charger, and $245 for the phone, so its $285 right there. Good for you, but its not the best deal.

I paid $50 and got the free wireless charger. Go figure

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, you paid $40 for the wireless charger, and $245 for the phone, so its $285 right there. Good for you, but its not the best deal.

And what's crazy is, he's willing to pay $285 for the phone and extend a contract with AT&T for 2 years, but wasn't willing to pay $450 to not have a contract. I guess I just don't get it. Plus he has an iPhone to sell, which could easily cover the other $165. Its worth $165 to not be under contract to AT&T. Then you could enjoy your 920, and when your upgrade comes, use it and sell that phone to recoup even more money.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i got my lumia 920 in the store for $99 on upgrade. then i heard about the black friday sale on wpcentral so on thursday (thanksgiving) i called at&t customer service. talked to a guy that didnt know about the black friday sale so he ended up giving crediting me $105 for the phone (phone price plus tax). then we got to talking about the 920 and what i liked about it. i convinced him into buying a lumia 920 on the next day (black friday) since his upgrade was up also and he couldnt decide between the 920 or gs3. he then gave me another credit on my bill for $105 and told me it was a thanksgiving day credit. (never heard of that) and he thanked me for talking to him about the 920 and helping make his mind up about his upgrade. so i ended up coming out ahead $210 on my bill which is basically 2 months of free service. also i got my wireless charger from another friend close to me because he came across 2 chargers and gave me 1. then i got my own free wireless charger in the mail so i had 2. i sold my red wireless charger to a happy new owner on wpcentral. after all that i ended up $260 in the green. not a bad transaction when it was all said and done.

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Is this out right purchase or contract included? I paid $69 at Walmart with a 2 year contract but got a $100 gift card in return for the purchase. So in a nutshell they paid me $31 to take the phone. I like..

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

dude, next year I can cancel my second line. Thus I'll only be paying $120+5+40=$165 extra over the course of one year for the new line. Now seeing as how I can sell my iphone for $200 or more, I just netted $35. Now if next year I want to just upgrade my new line instead of canceling it, I can then sell my Lumia to pay for my next year of $10 a month service and keep this going.

That light bulb on your head going off yet or does it need to be replaced?

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
And what's crazy is, he's willing to pay $285 for the phone and extend a contract with AT&T for 2 years, but wasn't willing to pay $450 to not have a contract. I guess I just don't get it. Plus he has an iPhone to sell, which could easily cover the other $165. Its worth $165 to not be under contract to AT&T. Then you could enjoy your 920, and when your upgrade comes, use it and sell that phone to recoup even more money.

Who else would I put the phone under? T-Mobile? please... I actually enjoy At&t's service. Only people scared to be under a contract or folks with iffy job situations. Stop trolling and think.

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Is this out right purchase or contract included? I paid $69 at Walmart with a 2 year contract but got a $100 gift card in return for the purchase. So in a nutshell they paid me $31 to take the phone. I like..
we're talking about with contacts here. don't get confused by the trolls talking about non-contract phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss