Just FYI, I got a extras+info update

CAVX

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't even see this app listed in my list of apps. Am I missing something? :) Rogers Lumia 920

It actually won't show up in your list of apps because it's a "settings" app. Which means that it just shows up as a line item under settings called "extras+info".

blistirs

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Were you able to finally update your "extras+info"...mine still stuck and that "@C:\data\program heading is still in settings but it seems to be a dead link because it doesn't open anything

CAVX

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to finally update your "extras+info"...mine still stuck and that "@C:\data\program heading is still in settings but it seems to be a dead link because it doesn't open anything

Nope, nothing for me. Constant error - but it has been for me since the previous update. Doing some digging, this seems to be due to a corrupt install, and because it doesn't show up in the app list (really annoying), you can't uninstall the app. Nokia Support says that the only fix is to completely reset your phone and wipe the data away. Which is crazy for just one app - it opens the phone up to the potential bricking issue that's been going around and it's a huge hassle.

blistirs

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
ugh, I was afraid of that, of having to do a hard reset. Here an odd thing, if I swipe over to my apps list, that icon for the extra+info shows up with the "attention required". Unfortunately, I can't delete it. Hey, just noticed your in Denver, same here...wonder if its a regional issue with AT&T and the app store

bitwise

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
There was an update before for Display+ Touch but I never received it (I'm from Singapore). In fact, I never saw the Store tile with update notifications. I have been updating manually since I got the phone.

Anybody who can provide the QR code for the last Display+ Touch update? Thanks.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There was an update before for Display+ Touch but I never received it (I'm from Singapore). In fact, I never saw the Store tile with update notifications. I have been updating manually since I got the phone.

Anybody who can provide the QR code for the last Display+ Touch update? Thanks.

Surprise surprise! I'm from Singapore too, and I got the update on time, just popped up in my Store.
QR Code is in this post: http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-pushes-out-another-extras-info-system-update-lumia-phones

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Its weird after this update WiFi is kept on while the phone is locked,anyone can confirm?

cant confirm this. just tested it by sending myself a msg from facebook. my phone was locked and never got the msg til i hit the power button then a few sec later i got the msg.

bitwise

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Surprise surprise! I'm from Singapore too, and I got the update on time, just popped up in my Store.
QR Code is in this post: Nokia pushes out another Extras + Info system update for Lumia phones | Windows Phone Central

Not for this one but for the latest Display+ Touch.

go to windowsphone.com. sign in. hover over your user name and click purchase history. scroll to extras+infos then click it. open up another tab in your browser then go to qrstuff.com. copy and paste the url for extras+info from windowsphone.com into qrstuff.com. download the generated qr code. attach the image of the code with your reply in your post.

like do the process mentioned above.... will be greatly appreciated.

bitwise

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
^There was one... Dec 5 I think. I haven't been getting any update notification.

But it's all good, somebody posted the QR codes in another thread. I updated it all now. :)

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
I updated my AT&T Lumia 920 using the QR Code. Got home, and now my phone won't connect to my Microcell. Tried rebooting both several times. My wife's phone (not updated) works fine. AT&T users you may want to beware this update until it's ready for us. Not sure what changes it made to my phone, and I can't uninstall it.

Update:
Well, nevermind. Waited awhile and rebooted the phone again, and left it off for a few minutes. When I powered it back up, after about two minutes it finally connected to my Microcell. Not sure what that was about. My phone was jumping from LTE to EDGE before it finally connected. Interestingly enough, that's the first time I saw the E icon on my Lumia. :-/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos