05-19-2013 01:44 AM
34 12
tools
    I have apps running in the background. Is there any way to tap and delete them ordo I need to stop background ptrocesses from the setup menu? Thanks!
    12-13-2012 03:13 PM
    Sure it is, if you hold download back button, you shouldnt see any apps running. That mean apps is not running in the back ground.
    Go to settings/background tasks and read.
    The apps in this list can continue to do things in thh background, even when they're not open.
    12-13-2012 06:57 PM
    I have apps running in the background. Is there any way to tap and delete them ordo I need to stop background ptrocesses from the setup menu? Thanks!
    You can close any apps running in the background by opening the app and then pressing the back button until you are totally out of it.
    You can confirm by long press on back button and that app should no longer be there in the background apps list.
    rdubmu likes this.
    12-13-2012 11:43 PM
    Using the back button doesnt really do anything
    yes it does, it closes the app. you keep on pressing it until you can't go back anymore closes any open apps.
    12-14-2012 04:44 AM
    Is there a way to close them from there? That's great you can view them but how do you close them?
    12-14-2012 11:23 AM
    Is there a way to close them from there? That's great you can view them but how do you close them?
    they are already closed. they are not running in the background. you do not need to hit the back button at all.
    12-15-2012 11:33 PM
    Lumia 928 - Preinstalled CNN APP....
    I installed a battery monitor utility and was getting pretty good battery drain rates 2-4% an hour with average usage.
    Then I opened the CNN APP after a news alert (The one Nokia preinstalled) the battery utillity pops a drain alert and sure enough I am at 10% an hour and my projected battery life goes down by half.
    Set CNN blocked for background.. and did the back up until all apps are closed trick.. still using 10% an hour +
    Reboot the phone... and back down to under 5% even just completing a full boot process..
    It may be an interaction with settings or another app since not everyone is seeing it.. BUT.. CNN launch clearly started a drain that only a restart could end.
    05-18-2013 06:11 PM
    they are already closed. they are not running in the background. you do not need to hit the back button at all.
    Some apps go into a frozen state, things like news apps or music etc. are allowed to keep parts of there process running in the background. That is why when you press your home button while listening to music.... music is still playing. With these apps you have to specify in settings to not allow to run in the background. Many of the news apps will update the news article lists in the background so the app opens quickly. These are running in the background.
    05-18-2013 11:54 PM
    The only issue with the CNN app I find is that the videos often don't play all the way and just stop, this happens on my 920 and my wives 8X. As for battery, everything is normal.
    05-19-2013 01:44 AM
34 12