BEWARE of the CNN app!!!!!

Eric Ovadia

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking on these forums for a long time and have been through 4 l920s before actually signing up and i have to tell everyone that all my battery issues was simply because of the CNN app. for anyone having any battery issues even if you block backgroud tasks for cnn it doesnt help! delete the entire app off your phone or you will drain your battery in less then 5 hours guaranteed! my phone lasts two days not without the damn cnn app. no matter what color or whatever your l920 is its all because of the cnn app delete it!

Eric Ovadia

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
its so true.. ive put it on all 4 lumias and they all were fine untill i put that app on it.. that app is great but really kills the battery more then anything. I have bluetooth on nfc on and wifi on and my battery lasts for a whole day and even some extra to spare. The cnn app does something weird and drains the battery really really significantly. try deleting it and see... for anyone with battery issues try it.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
This board express drains my battery pretty fast, just like tapatalk did on my IPhone. I don't follow CNN, so not a problem, but thanks.

usstuscon12

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had this app since I got my 920 a month ago and I have not had any battery issues. I have NFC, Bluetooth and WiFi on, and I am not connected to any networks. So before spouting misinformation, you might want to check other items first.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the CNN app and my battery life is fine. Though I have noticed that you can't turn off the background process for it or the app will crash every time you launch it. I guess I deleted it, I would have no apps left that have background processes enabled, so maybe I'd get even better battery life. CNN app isn't particularly rich in content anyway, the All Jazeera app is far superior IMO.

wolftron

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Dude i installed CNN today and it drained my battery FAST. I was only off the charger for 4 hours and when i came home and checked my battery life I was at 68% then it rapidly dropped down to 59% within like 15 mins. I just uninstalled CNN right now. I usually get really good battery life too.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
For me Gmaps drains my battery like crazy (I've tested this three times with a week in between) even if I have its background task blocked. I also haven't heard of anyone else who has problems with Gmaps. You have a problem with the CNN app and others don't. I actually don't know what to make of that :)

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Over the last month with my L920 and my wifes L820, I have found many apps that drain the battery and many that you would think that they would, but do not. I am convinced that either they are not developed correctly, or there is a bug in the OS which these certain apps are "exploiting" (for lack of a better word). As a general rule I have found that if the app has not been updated for WP8 specifically, then it has the potential to be a big battery drain. I am still slowly experimenting, but I believe that somehow, certain apps when installed somehow affect other apps and battery life. For example, Skype seems to be the culprit of the MS account getting stuck in sync. For me, Nokia Drive would drain the battery even if background task was blocked, I had to uninstall it and now go 14-16 hours and still have 50% battery. I have had others report that they have no issue with Nokia Drive once the background task is blocked. Either way, we shouldn't be having to sit here and figure out how to make the battery last. MS needs to fix it ASAP because most people don't want to fiddle with it. On the bright side though, even when my battery was draining fast, it was still on par with my brother's GS3 or my buddy's iPhone 5. Right now it totally crushes them.

cardinalryan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking on these forums for a long time and have been through 4 l920s before actually signing up and i have to tell everyone that all my battery issues was simply because of the CNN app. for anyone having any battery issues even if you block backgroud tasks for cnn it doesnt help! delete the entire app off your phone or you will drain your battery in less then 5 hours guaranteed! my phone lasts two days not without the damn cnn app. no matter what color or whatever your l920 is its all because of the cnn app delete it!
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. You can't be serious?? I've had the CNN app on my phone since launch day and I experience GREAT battery life. I know you are having battery troubles, but I can guarantee you that those troubles are not related to the CNN app. This is just nonsense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers