BEWARE of the CNN app!!!!!

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i even allow cnn to run in the background and i get 2 to 3 days of standby time on my phone...i deleted skype and that seemed to add a little for me although it might not be the problem

by this i mean my battery runs awesome

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have apps running in the background. Is there any way to tap and delete them ordo I need to stop background ptrocesses from the setup menu? Thanks!

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have apps running in the background. Is there any way to tap and delete them ordo I need to stop background ptrocesses from the setup menu? Thanks!
You can close any apps running in the background by opening the app and then pressing the back button until you are totally out of it.
You can confirm by long press on back button and that app should no longer be there in the background apps list.

Wordjoy

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 928 - Preinstalled CNN APP....
I installed a battery monitor utility and was getting pretty good battery drain rates 2-4% an hour with average usage.
Then I opened the CNN APP after a news alert (The one Nokia preinstalled) the battery utillity pops a drain alert and sure enough I am at 10% an hour and my projected battery life goes down by half.
Set CNN blocked for background.. and did the back up until all apps are closed trick.. still using 10% an hour +
Reboot the phone... and back down to under 5% even just completing a full boot process..
It may be an interaction with settings or another app since not everyone is seeing it.. BUT.. CNN launch clearly started a drain that only a restart could end.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
they are already closed. they are not running in the background. you do not need to hit the back button at all.

Some apps go into a frozen state, things like news apps or music etc. are allowed to keep parts of there process running in the background. That is why when you press your home button while listening to music.... music is still playing. With these apps you have to specify in settings to not allow to run in the background. Many of the news apps will update the news article lists in the background so the app opens quickly. These are running in the background.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The only issue with the CNN app I find is that the videos often don't play all the way and just stop, this happens on my 920 and my wives 8X. As for battery, everything is normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05