WiFi staying connected - unsure why

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I know this was mentioned in the thread about the update but everyone test this out. No new setting to enable this but my phone has been sitting next to me for about an hour with the screen off and cellular data off......and I got an email. So I have randomly been checking my phone and the wifi connection is definitely not disconnecting. Phone is not charging.

Been testing for over 2 hours. WiFi Is not disconnecting.

YAY

Last edited:

xcen

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: after 12/12/2012 extras+info update my wifi is staying on (tested and confirmed)

Definitely not working on mine, though I only updated the latest Extra + Info, not the other updates that reportedly give problems.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Sure you you don't have it plugged in? This also keeps the WiFi connected.

lol im positive its not plugged in, the phone scared me when it gave me the email notification as it just sat there. and no its not on a wireless charger either.......lol

Last edited:

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: after 12/12/2012 extras+info update my wifi is staying on (tested and confirmed)

I have no idea why, but wifi is not disconnecting ..... just checked again

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I did soft reset my device after the update, dunno if that has anything to do with it.

Matt Sharp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Preliminary test seem to indicate mine is staying connected as well. I am listening to cloud based music with cell data turned off and it has been playing continuously for several tracks.

halamadrid11

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

Nyt the question is why it stays without portico update, maybe nokia did not Trust microsoft so they solved it by themselvs?

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Preliminary test seem to indicate mine is staying connected as well. I am listening to cloud based music with cell data turned off and it has been playing continuously for several tracks.

Did that not work before? Even before the fix if you started streaming over WiFi it would have kept WiFi on.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
And I can confirm that it doesn't stay on. You guys probably aren't leaving the phone idle long enough for it to turn off (or you are charging so it doesn't turn off).

I just locked my phone for ~10 minutes and saw it reconnect

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
And I can confirm that it doesn't stay on. You guys probably aren't leaving the phone idle long enough for it to turn off (or you are charging so it doesn't turn off).

I just locked my phone for ~10 minutes and saw it reconnect

look at my post count and some of my posts, I'm not an idiot or a noob. I've owned a focus , titan, and now a 920. My phone is not charging and cellular data is off. My phone was locked and sitting next to me for over 45 min and I received an email.

I wouldn't of titled the post what I did had I not confirmed my WiFi not shutting off like it has ever since 2010.

Did you install the newest update and reboot your phone?

That is all I did differently today.

Yesterday and even this morning my WiFi disconnected like normal.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

look at my post count and some of my posts, I'm not an idiot. I've owned a focus , titan, and now a 920. My phone is not charging and cellular data is off. My phone was locked and sitting next to me for over 45 min and I received an email.

I was shocked.

Is your email setup for push or for pull? I wouldn't really consider that proof that it stays on, that just means it turned on at some point. Let your phone sit idle for a while, unlock it and then see if the wifi is still on.

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Mine's been sitting for over an hour... opened it up... wifi still on

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Is your email setup for push or for pull? I wouldn't really consider that proof that it stays on, that just means it turned on at some point. Let your phone sit idle for a while, unlock it and then see if the wifi is still on.

I've been doing that since before I posted about it. Again I'm not new to the platform and how it works.

Gmail set to pull every 15 min.

I would not make this claim if I wasn't sure its not disconnecting.

My WiFi is NOT disconnecting

Matt Sharp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Well I made no attempt to stream with cell data off before, but I thought this was the whole issue. Maybe I misunderstood the problem? What possible issues could there be with wifi shutting off if not in use? In response to PG2G I allowed it to stream for ~ 30 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)