Fry's Lumia Fail

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Went to Fry's last night to pick up some X-mas gifts. On the way out, my wife stopped to look in the phone section. I noticed they had several lumia's there: 822, 900, 920. However, they were all labeled as L-U-M-I-N-A-S. That's right, major consumer retailer couldn't even get the name spelled right. Or perhaps I'm naive and there is a sister line of phones to the Lumias, the Luminas :grin:. Just thought I would share.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Fry's fail on so many levels, I could not begin to know where to start. Speaking of the one here in Las Vegas. One thing they are notorious at doing is taking returns, shrink wrapping them and putting them back on the shelf as NEW. I've seen it. It happened to me. They also push refurbs as NEW. It doesn't show on the box BUT it will show on the receipt that most don't really look at. I digress. Take a snapshot of the label and update the thread. It would be interesting to see.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I love fry's! i shop there all the time for games or and cpu stuff when there are decent deals (not as much anymore these days), as long as the customer reps on the floor leave me alone, im fine, once they start talking to me, i rage because they are so annoying.

No surprised they got spelling wrong, there is a lumia radio commercial on the sportstalk station in my area, they say lumia most of the commercial and then the last time, they say lumina. Derp

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
That lumina is kind of interesting. Heard it especially often back with Lumia 800 on social media, but still hear it time to time used by some of the big blogs or media houses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos