In call issues

Leegend

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Ive had the lumia 920 since launch and recently noticed that while in call the screen wont turn on even when pressing the power button. I end up in a fight with the phone everytime i need to use the keypad or speaker phone while in a call. Has anyone else experienced/Fixed this, i want to avoid a hard reset if possible.

Cheers
Lee

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It's a hyper-sensitive proximity sensor. I've had my Lumia 920 replaced after a bit of a difficult dialog with Nokia, but that's another story.

There is a quick fix that works quite well for a while, but in the long run, you'll need it repaired or replaced.

The proximity sensor is somewhere above the Nokia Logo, possibly built into the front-facing camera, and is there to stop you hitting buttons on the touch screen with your cheek while holding the phone up to your ear during a call. Sometimes, just the wrong spec of dust can be the trigger for this phenomenon happening as you describe it.

For a temporary fix, blow really hard along where the screen, bezel and casing meet above the Nokia logo on the fron of the phone. In call screen worked fine for a day or 2 after that for me, but it kept coming back.

BEWARE to not make a Skype call when you're having this problem. With a normal call, you can hit the power button twice and tap the speaker or end call button if you're really quick. But during a Skype call, all you have is the lock screen, and not enough time to slide up and open the screen.

Sorry I don't have better news. But my new device works absolutely perfectly now for the last 2 weeks since I've had it. It could be that they can repair this. In my case I had 3 other issues at the same time, and needed a replacement.

Leegend

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I have used a can of compressed air and as you say its solved the immediate issue but not the long term one.

Feel as though this issue has been over looked by nokia as i can only see this getting worse, getting a swapout wont help as it will still let dust settle on the sensor.

Thanks again though :)

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually, like i said, my new one is flawless. Even when things are a bit dirty, the proximity sensor doesn't overreact anymore. I think there are really some bad and some good phones out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb