02-26-2013 04:37 AM
665 ... 45678 ...
tools
    What kind of troll is this guy? I mean to this extent? I've no idea what he gained by this... In fact I was always skeptical about the website... even if the website was selling, there was no way they could sell a product that cheap before officially launched in India. Looking at the price of international unlocked phone it should not be less than 35k... I was guessing somebody was sending him a fake chinese replica in guise of a Lumia 920, but this turned out even funnier. Who in the world has this kind of time to photoshop and convince people that he actually has one... or may be as pointed out by Ayush was trying to promote this fake sale...
    I guess Nokia better launch this product earlier or the Chinese may ship fake ones with fake WP or who knows Android on it :P
    X0LARIUM and iamSherlocked like this.
    12-27-2012 11:10 AM
    Hay, I remember I saw B2B somewhere on Nokia.indiatimes.com too. And the price of all phones were too cheap. I clicked on a product page and it showed B2B offers. Price for example of 610 was abt 10k. I didn't know what B2B is. Googled it and got to know its called business to business or say offers for those who help Nokia in their business or something like that. But again, why would anyone sell a B2B phone publicly and if not received by someone, then why would he fool us posting edited images?

Guys please vote for my entries in Nokia your wish is my app. I could win a L920. Instructions and links- HTTP://mobihalo.WordPress.com
    12-27-2012 11:21 AM
    On a serious note, we could report this guy...I can speak to the mods..

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
    12-27-2012 12:00 PM
    On a serious note, we could report this guy...I can speak to the mods..

No please dont, we have freedom of speech, and I feel he was innocent. We dont know anything about him, what he wanted to do, Moreover he already left the forum, so better leave it.

Guys please vote for my entries in Nokia your wish is my app. I could win a L920. Instructions and links- HTTP://mobihalo.WordPress.com
    12-27-2012 12:22 PM
    No please dont, we have freedom of speech, and I feel he was innocent. We dont know anything about him, what he wanted to do, Moreover he already left the forum, so better leave it.

Hmm...an innocent troll who tried convincing us that a website(for all u know it might be his own) selling a product dirt cheap whereas it hasn't even been officially out..imagine someone might have actually ordered it?
    Your wish. I was just trying to help..

12-27-2012 12:32 PM
    Hmm...an innocent troll who tried convincing us that a website(for all u know it might be his own) selling a product dirt cheap whereas it hasn't even been officially out..imagine someone might have actually ordered it?
    Your wish. I was just trying to help..

Ya, he trolled, but actually the price he stated is TRUE. B2B products are always cheaper. I once saw B2B offers on Nokia Shop and margin was huge. Maybe its a TRUE B2B shop or a fake one, who knows! All I know is that, B2B shops work without advertising and products are too cheap. But there are rules like who can buy from b2b, etc.

12-27-2012 12:56 PM
    i hope nokia puts the pricing of the 920 below the s3 and other models. Its very cheap in the US even without a contract. I hope they give Indians the same treatment too.
    Without contract and unlocked are two different things, here the unlocked 920 is about 700 to 750 which is again same as 35k+ in India. I hope that makes sense
    12-27-2012 01:35 PM
    I love nOkia for their build quality etc. but what I don't like is that they treat Indian Ppl very badly. I was very happy when they announced the 900 but it came to India after 4-5 months. I was even more happy when the 920 was announced and thought to myself 'thank god I didn't buy the 900'. But Now they are doing the same with 920.
    12-27-2012 09:40 PM
    @ Ayush... Freedom of speech is for expression of opinions, not for beguiling people... Never mind another kind of troll who didn't grow up :P
    12-27-2012 11:34 PM
    One slightly off topic question: Global version of 820 also has LTE support. But it has not been mentioned on Nokia India site in the specifications of 820. So does that mean 820 coming to India won't support LTE at all?
    12-27-2012 11:34 PM
    Well at this point we are not even aware if Lumia 920 gonna support LTE in India. There are many factors which is leaving consumers, operators and device manufacturers in imbroglio.

1. The operation frequency assigned for LTE in India is 2300 MHz. None of the Nokia models so far support this frequency.
    2. So far Airtel is the only operator who launched LTE services in India that too for data only
    3. Airtel is using Chinese developed technology TD (Time Divided) instead of the rest of the world (US and Europe) where they are using FD (Frequency Divided) Modes.
    4. So far 3G technologies deployed in India are FD based and now Airtel LTE is in TD mode, so the devices to be designed need to have special radio chips to operate on two different patterns.
    5. Huawei designed a phone which uses LTE on TD and 3G on FD for Airtel, but this is a complicated technological aspect and needs lot of testing as the mobile has to switch networks for each as an independent operation. Probably the users may not have data connection while on the phone
    6. None of the other network operators have announced/detailed their LTE launch plans. Vodafone may provide FD mode in line with their global networks in Europe.
    7. Well 3.5 G or HSDPA+ itself is still in nascent stage in India. Probably it may take another two years to expect LTE in major cities and may be even more with none of the current operators even mentioning about it.

Basically for this phone I'm not even bothered about LTE. As long as it works well on HSDPA, I'm okay with it. In fact Nokia started selling 3G phones well before the networks were upgraded. Probably the future Lumia two years from now is something when I would look for LTE compatibility...
    12-28-2012 12:56 AM
    Within an year most of the providers will support thast LTE. 920 is designed taknig future into the consideration
    12-28-2012 05:24 AM
    Within an year most of the providers will support thast LTE. 920 is designed taknig future into the consideration
    Wish it was that easy and quick :P
    12-28-2012 05:58 AM
    For those wondering about the sudden removal of the LTE bands from the India webiste - I will post more info on that once i get the full issue clarified. It was me who started this whole thing via twitter, then a mail to Mr.Elop who forwarded to someone in Nokia India. I got a email from them about the website correction yday (was removed as part of my mail).
    Bottomline - India L920 does support FDD LTE and not the TD-LTE . But since India as a country only supports TD-LTE, they removed it from the product page. I am chasing them for the actual bands info.
    Sameer Dhere likes this.
    12-28-2012 06:04 AM
    For those wondering about the sudden removal of the LTE bands from the India webiste - I will post more info on that once i get the full issue clarified. It was me who started this whole thing via twitter, then a mail to Mr.Elop who forwarded to someone in Nokia India. I got a email from them about the website correction yday (was removed as part of my mail).
    Bottomline - India L920 does support FDD LTE and not the TD-LTE . But since India as a country only supports TD-LTE, they removed it from the product page. I am chasing them for the actual bands info.
    Can you get info about 820 as well?
    Thanks.
    12-28-2012 09:19 AM
    Not too sure if i'm really worried about the LTE thing. Even if it gets launched/implemented properly in India in 2013; it would be very expensive! I would right now want 3G at really really cheap prices.
    Moreover, I guess i'd be looking for a new phone after using Lumia for a year and a half

Also, i read at some other forum Jan 3rd is the day for Lumia India launch. In all sanity, Nokia has to price it below SIII and I hope they do.
    12-28-2012 09:55 AM
    Not too sure if i'm really worried about the LTE thing. Even if it gets launched/implemented properly in India in 2013; it would be very expensive! I would right now want 3G at really really cheap prices.
    Moreover, I guess i'd be looking for a new phone after using Lumia for a year and a half

Also, i read at some other forum Jan 3rd is the day for Lumia India launch. In all sanity, Nokia has to price it below SIII and I hope they do.
    I went to Reliance Digital, In-orbit mall, Hyderabad and the sales rep took my number and said he is going to call me when they get the stock. He told me that the tentative release data is Jan 4th and told me M.R.P price would be 45000 rupees.

He also told me to minus 5k to 6k from M.R.P price..So final price would be 38K to 39K. Do you guys think it is really value for money at that price? Nokia should price L920 below 35000 for sure in my opinion.
    akshay920 likes this.
    12-28-2012 11:54 AM
    I went to Reliance Digital, In-orbit mall, Hyderabad and the sales rep took my number and said he is going to call me when they get the stock. He told me that the tentative release data is Jan 4th and told me M.R.P price would be 45000 rupees.

He also told me to minus 5k to 6k from M.R.P price..So final price would be 38K to 39K. Do you guys think it is really value for money at that price? Nokia should price L920 below 35000 for sure in my opinion.
    That's BS IMHO. Nokia Priority Dealer's quote a price of about 38K and that's where the phone would be most expensive!
    In any case, i think Nokia has been in India for long enough to know that they would not be able to sell Lumia 920 at any price over 35K.

Heck, even i wouldn't buy it at that price even though i have been waiting for almost 4 months now! If it is priced anyway over 35K i'll wait till feb for the prices to come down.
    Moreover, L800 is now available at 18K so L920 should be priced keeping this in mind.
    12-28-2012 12:04 PM
    That's BS IMHO. Nokia Priority Dealer's quote a price of about 38K and that's where the phone would be most expensive!
    In any case, i think Nokia has been in India for long enough to know that they would not be able to sell Lumia 920 at any price over 35K.

Heck, even i wouldn't buy it at that price even though i have been waiting for almost 4 months now! If it is priced anyway over 35K i'll wait till feb for the prices to come down.
    Moreover, L800 is now available at 18K so L920 should be priced keeping this in mind.
    Ditto. I have been waiting for this phone from September 2012. You never know about Nokia India pricing.. They nicely screwed it up with L900 and I hope they will not do the same with L920. I will book it on the first day if the price is below /equal to 31000
    akshay920 likes this.
    12-28-2012 12:22 PM

That's really horrible news... I won't be buying 920 if it's priced above 33k. Will be switching to 620 and save up for next gen Lumia flagship.

Anyway I've got a feeling that launch of 920 might be delayed. On the Nokia India site they are now featuring Asha series! I honestly think that L920 is delayed to a further date. ****, I'm all a Nokia fan but getting really angry because of them ignoring India. We've been their last resort in their bad days and we get this. I feel like I'd lose loyalty to Nokia if they don't launch phone in first week of January, or price it like pussies as they've done in the past, we all know.

Nokia, you got to be careful this time.
    12-28-2012 01:18 PM
    And by the way, no LTE for sure. See yourself under Hardware section here -> Nokia Lumia 920 Specifications - Nokia - India
    You can see "*No support for LTE in India"

I don't care about it though. I only care about launch date and pricing.
    12-28-2012 01:22 PM
    Damn ! These rumors are not ending. Here is another Launch date (Jan 14th)

Launch and pricing details for Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and 620 in India | Windows Phone Sauce
    12-28-2012 01:24 PM
    Price of 920 will not be more than 40k. Read the Mobigyan interview with Windows Phone India head. He clearly said our phones range from below 10k to 40k. So expect to be lower than that. And if That Theminimall.com.'s B2B shop is real and price of 920 on b2b is 29k, then its real price will be lower than 36k for sure....
    12-28-2012 08:59 PM
    To be very very honest, pricing a phone that is still catching up and has some severe shortage in the app dept. shouldn't be more than 30-32k. I said this before and saying it again, its NOT an iPhone.

12-28-2012 11:31 PM
    To be very very honest, pricing a phone that is still catching up and has some severe shortage in the app dept. shouldn't be more than 30-32k. I said this before and saying it again, its NOT an iPhone.

I dont know why people compare everything to an iphone! Agreed the iphone 4 was amazing but after that everything was the same with minor changes....43K tag is not justified! and please dont talk abt the amount of apps available coz no one uses 80% of whats available in the app store....According to me people who buy overpriced iphone 5 are sheeps!
    12-29-2012 12:11 AM
665 ... 45678 ...