Lumia 920 India Confirmation

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe u are right. They are biased.
Similar story is with india's top hindi tech show tech guru on cnbc awaaz. Two week back they did review of htc8x in 140 words. The host ankit said straight no to windows phone explaining no reason and said they will tell it in next episode. Two episodes gone after that, still not explained. He too kicked iphone5 and again and again saying android is best, its the future.
More ironically, he was appreciating those cheap mmx, karbon droid ****s that they are too cool at their price and all that....

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Maybe u are right. They are biased.
Similar story is with india's top hindi tech show tech guru on cnbc awaaz. Two week back they did review of htc8x in 140 words. The host ankit said straight no to windows phone explaining no reason and said they will tell it in next episode. Two episodes gone after that, still not explained. He too kicked iphone5 and again and again saying android is best, its the future.
More ironically, he was appreciating those cheap mmx, karbon droid ****s that they are too cool at their price and all that....

I hate tech shows on Indian TV channels. And after hearing this stuff, I don't think I will ever turn to TV to get tech updates.

Youtube is too good to go for such needs and MetroTube rocks in providing top notch youtube experience on Windows phone! :)

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeh u r right but what abt those who watch that show. Many people watch it. Dont you think they are giving wrong impression of windows phone to indians, due to only one reason that host is an android fan!!!

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
i hope nokia puts the pricing of the 920 below the s3 and other models. Its very cheap in the US even without a contract. I hope they give Indians the same treatment too. Many people are waiting for it to be available in the market.
IMO 920 should be made available for 30-33k , 820 for 22-25k and 620 for 15k. Nokia could surely win their hearts back.

Lumia 820 below 25K and I'm in :)

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeh u r right but what abt those who watch that show. Many people watch it. Dont you think they are giving wrong impression of windows phone to indians, due to only one reason that host is an android fan!!!

Wait till Nokia starts promoting it here.. by the looks of the promotion campaign that Nokia is doing for their current Lumia line-up across the globe, if they do similarly here then they will definitely get the visibility for sure..

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Indian tech shows are lamest ever just like the regular news here.. totally biased and don't know what **** they are speaking about. They are so much focused on Android & Google that they turn a blind eye towards any other platform.. am not saying Android sucks.. its a great OS which has brought down several notches of the mighty following of iOS and iPhone but it doesn't mean its the only good thing out there... Being a techie is just 50% requirement for a tech reviewer, the rest is the right attitude and unbiasedness towards other platforms & gadgets.

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 820 below 25K and I'm in :)

820 will not be below 25k.... I guess

Even if Nokia launches it at say MRP 27999 INR (which I think will be official price), one would able to get phone for much lesser price (25-26K) from other shops within week. So don't get disappointed if MRP is above 25K, just wait for few more days and buy from reputed shop in town other than priority store.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Even if Nokia launches it at say MRP 27999 INR (which I think will be official price), one would able to get phone for much lesser price (25-26K) from other shops within week. So don't get disappointed if MRP is above 25K, just wait for few more days and buy from reputed shop in town other than priority store.
Wait!!! No man. People are becoming zombies for the two lumias. I am afraid, if one will get them after few days or not! M damm sure it will become out of stoke the day it comes out of preorder on flipkart coz similar case was with overpriced htc8x and I don't think local dealer will give 1k-2k off just after their launch.
If anyone else here also thinking they will get good bargain after few days or week, .... Not this time!

golmaalOriginal

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I use E71. I was waiting for Lumia 920 but it was taking longer so I was thinking about iPhone 5. A quick Google brought me here. What bugs me the most is the price. I can get iPhone 5 for Rs. 43000 (16 GB). Also, I have an iPad and it makes sense to get an iPhone as I have invested heavily in several dozen apps. I think, if Lumia 920 costs a penny more than 35k, I should rather buy an iPhone. What would be your take on this?

EDIT: I know that Lumia 920 is 32GB whereas 43K iPhone 5 would be 16 GB. It really doesn't bother me much.

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I use E71. I was waiting for Lumia 920 but it was taking longer so I was thinking about iPhone 5. A quick Google brought me here. What bugs me the most is the price. I can get iPhone 5 for Rs. 43000 (16 GB). Also, I have an iPad and it makes sense to get an iPhone as I have invested heavily in several dozen apps. I think, if Lumia 920 costs a penny more than 35k, I should rather buy an iPhone. What would be your take on this?

EDIT: I know that Lumia 920 is 32GB whereas 43K iPhone 5 would be 16 GB. It really doesn't bother me much.

You primarily need to focus what Lumia 920 brings to the table and then analyze whether buying it (and then buying several apps) is a better deal than iPhone 5. I can tell you what I like about L920:

1. A very different, beautiful and excellent UI.
2. Ease of use
3. Wonderful Nokia apps
4. Innovative camera features
5. Big(er) screen and yes the picture quality is just brilliant
6. Look and feel is damn exclusive & its very very well built.
7. It share native codes with Win 8 & RT. WP8 is on its way to become more popular and due to pre mentioned reason, porting apps on WP8 will be very easy for developers. So, I am pretty sure we can expect a boom in app counts for WP8. And you can expect a lot of innovative apps.
8. The colors and looks will make you stand out in the crowd.

and hate about iPhone5:

1. its just taller and faster iPhone 4 and by that I mean zero innovation
2. lightning connector is not an innovation rather it is another way to earn money from blind followers of apple products
3. very expensive (L920 32GB + apps cost < iPhone5 16GB)
4. no mass storage mode for songs & videos.. it has to be converted before uploading to the phone, WP8 will soon have VLC player
5. iOS is very very boring

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site

Buy 920, it will still cost u less than iPhone with apps.
And if the comment from spiderbatman still can't satisfy u, go to Nokia store and try 920 for once. U hv used IOS in ipad, so it will not take much time to u to realise what's best.
Only problem u will face is of syncing music from ur pc. U must have organised music through iTunes. If u buy 920, u will hv to use Zune in ur w7 pc and double organise it. It will surely create some problem, But there are some guides available on net to help u with that and u can always ask anything here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo