Lumia 920 India Confirmation

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
If it is the first week of January you guys are gonna get it before me >_< I'm having to wait until the end of January before I can even look at getting mine... First off is exclusivity, next is mum doesn't want me spending all my Christmas + birthday money on a phone... Right now I'm using a TITAN.
Where are you from, UK I guess?

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Tech2 says "Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 to be launched in India on January 15".
They've cited their sources from grey market to back up the news.

Last edited:

abxy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
first it was november then not in november, then 15 december then not in december , then january... tech2 posts an article every 15 days :p . It knows nothing.
Lets hope 1st week of january it is.
Tech2 says "Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 to be launched in India on January 15".
They've cited their resources from grey market to back up the news.

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
first it was november then not in november, then 15 december then not in december , then january... tech2 posts an article every 15 days :p . It knows nothing.

It knows nothing. Absolutely right.
2nd para of that article is apocalyptically hideous. It starts with a hypothesis and ends defying the same.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Tech2 sucks, still this isn't their fault. They are just reporting what Nokia's been telling. So the sinner is Nokia itself.

Aye, I'm from the UK. Leeds to be specific. It had already been decided that the 920 was the right phone for me, so yeah. Had originally been anticipating the 820 but on further inspection it didn't turn out to be the correct phone for me.
Good to know! I heard that nobody likes EE there because of its overpriced plans? Are you waiting for the phone to launch on Vodaphone?
Oh same goes for me. I don't want a phone with anything less resolution than 720p. So 920 it is!!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Good to know! I heard that nobody likes EE there because of its overpriced plans? Are you waiting for the phone to launch on Vodaphone?
Oh same goes for me. I don't want a phone with anything less resolution than 720p. So 920 it is!!

I know people that seem to have no issue with EE. I'm not waiting for Vodafone though, waiting for Carphone Warehouse so I can buy it SIM free and use my Three SIM in it.

rnaveen1989

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
guys does the Lumia 920 works well if i get it from U.S and get it unlocked . Price in India seems to be too high .
Does all the features and bandwidth work perfectly if use it in india ?

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
guys does the Lumia 920 works well if i get it from U.S and get it unlocked . Price in India seems to be too high .

Yeah, it will work fine, BUT YOU WILL NOT HAVE A WARRENTY IN INDIA then. Mind you, warrenty is really Important right ? Unless you are a RICH S.O.B. then you dont have to worry about it, otherwise, wait for the Device to Launch in India !

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Make sure that you can unlock it though. Because I see some sellers on ebay india who are selling their 920s simply because they couldn't unlock the phone.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile read the review of fonearena. http://www.fonearena.com/blog/59415/nokia-lumia-920-review.html
I always look for some interesting review from them but looks like their top bloggers are not interested in doings review for it. Again the same statistical review, I become bored. And what he says is, it may be huge for some, I guess if he had reviews s3 then what would be his thoughts!!!
Anyway, the pics he took are nice and gives new info about things which i even dont know about. And he even reviewed Nokia exclusive apps nicely at the same time which is rarely seen with a phone's review. Its a good thing, people will know about what Nokia is offering them.....

rnaveen1989

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
can u help me regarding that. How can i know that the device can be unlocked in India or not . . if i get at&t mobile for 449$ can it get unlocked or i need to get complte unlocked one which nokia hasn't release in U.S so far

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
can u help me regarding that. How can i know that the device can be unlocked in India or not . . if i get at&t mobile for 449$ can it get unlocked or i need to get complte unlocked one which nokia hasn't release in U.S so far

are U kidding! 449$!!!!!!! That's too much for a contract phone. Better buy in India.
Cons of unlocking contract phones in India:
1. U not only will not get valid warranty in India, U will break your phone's original warranty in US.
2. Unlocking will cost U more money as U can't do this by ur own, and experts will charge U money for that and that too without guarantee that it will be unlocked successfully for whole life.
3. Its purely illegal thing to unlock a contract based phones, proceed on your own risk.

Still if U R alright with it, go for it, but I would straight say no if that's the price. It was available for 49$ few days back, dont know if still available.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile read the review of fonearena. Nokia Lumia 920 Review
I always look for some interesting review from them but looks like their top bloggers are not interested in doings review for it. Again the same statistical review, I become bored. And what he says is, it may be huge for some, I guess if he had reviews s3 then what would be his thoughts!!!
Anyway, the pics he took are nice and gives new info about things which i even dont know about. And he even reviewed Nokia exclusive apps nicely at the same time which is rarely seen with a phone's review. Its a good thing, people will know about what Nokia is offering them.....
What a boring review.... stats only and messed up styling. Too many screenshots. Anyway Indian bloggers getting phone for reviewing is a good sign.

are U kidding! 449$!!!!!!! That's too much for a contract phone. Better buy in India.
Cons of unlocking contract phones in India:
1. U not only will not get valid warranty in India, U will break your phone's original warranty in US.
2. Unlocking will cost U more money as U can't do this by ur own, and experts will charge U money for that and that too without guarantee that it will be unlocked successfully for whole life.
3. Its purely illegal thing to unlock a contract based phones, proceed on your own risk.

Still if U R alright with it, go for it, but I would straight say no if that's the price. It was available for 49$ few days back, dont know if still available.

Actually 449$ isn't contract price, it's price for the AT&T bound phone, but off-contract. So only AT&T sims will work, but besides that the phone isn't bound to contract. Unlocking sure isn't recommended.

notebookgrail

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Latest news on Lumia 920 India regarding the LTE bands.
Here is the mail content from a Nokia India (someone in the upper magmt).
==============
Thanks for your mail. Wanted to let you know answers to your queries.

1) Even though Lumia 920 supports FDD LTE, Since Indian networks do not support FDD LTE , it was been switched OFF for India. So even if you travel to countries which have FDD LTE networks, Lumia 920 bought in India may not be able to latch onto those networks.

2) Supported LTE bands:
? Devices sold in US/AT&T: 1900(2), 1700/2100(4), 850(5), 700(17)
? Devices sold in Europe: 2100(1), 1800(3), 2600(7), 900(8), 800(20)
============

If this is true, then NL920 isn't worth the high price tag (if price above 30K) and being called the world most advanced smartphone (in India).

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Sure that. Equal or below the 8X price. I'll not give a damn if it's priced more than 33K.

Not being a ****** if I think even, the MMX A110 is a steal for 10k. Not that I'm going to buy it, but it's grabbing my attention.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Sure that. Equal or below the 8X price. I'll not give a damn if it's priced more than 33K.

Not being a ****** if I think even, the MMX A110 is a steal for 10k. Not that I'm going to buy it, but it's grabbing my attention.

mmx, seriously. I hv got a free a90 2mnts ago. Soled it for 9.5k bucks. I used it. And it was actually looking like a cheap phone. The camera is awefull, calling quality sucks, it was big and very light giving me feeling that if droped by mistake, it will not survive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss