Lumia 920 India Confirmation

rnaveen1989

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Some good news for fans to cheer up .Today morning i had a chat with nokia tech centre. He said the official announcement is the mobile will be released by first week itself. I conformed wethr there will be just announcement or the mobile will go on sale, the reply is L920 will go on sale from the day of announcement itself. No word of price yet

krishna6233

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heard abt 7.9 update for wp7??a guy in a mobile store was xplainin to a customer how good lumia is ..he was enquirin if it has bluetooth file sharing option ...stil many think lumias doesnt ve a bluetooth file sharin option ..in reply he was tellin it has got bluetooth with 7.8 update n presently only pictures n songs can b shared n next month with 7.9 update it wil b possibl to send videos also!
wil it b the app update or os??

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This thread is dedicated for ranting xD Feel free to rant away your thoughts, people!!

Correct.
Had Lumia been here like it is in other countries we would be sharing pics and discussing issues. As of now all we ask each other is "Hey did u hear anything about the price" " anyone know the release date"?
Anyways..

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Correct.
Had Lumia been here like it is in other countries we would be sharing pics and discussing issues. As of now all we ask each other is "Hey did u hear anything about the price" " anyone know the release date"?
Anyways..

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Ahahah true words, friend! The thought you just mentioned, that we could be sharing pics n all seem really wonderful xD
This long wait has been so long that such thought seems almost impossible, lol!

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heard abt 7.9 update for wp7??a guy in a mobile store was xplainin to a customer how good lumia is ..he was enquirin if it has bluetooth file sharing option ...stil many think lumias doesnt ve a bluetooth file sharin option ..in reply he was tellin it has got bluetooth with 7.8 update n presently only pictures n songs can b shared n next month with 7.9 update it wil b possibl to send videos also!
wil it b the app update or os??

Of course it will be an app update. Bt i guess the full 7.8 update is still pending. This on dont have lenses, no rooms a no kids corner if its coming

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Dude, practically every Headphone is cancelling noise when u will insert it in a 920. So better buy a good headphone with optimum quality. BTW, active noise cancellation is a thing almost impossible in wireless headphones. You hv to compromise with sound quality in those.
I am still confused if u want in ear or on ear.

Dude, earphones are :-
S-EP-0024_1.jpg

Headphones are : -
03-EKOCYCLE-Beats-headphones.jpg

You are also wrong about the Noise cancellation, it is not there is EARPHONES, it can be only done in a HEADPHONE as the technology requires additional microphone & tech which can be inserted only in a HEADPHONE, here, have a look :-

noise-canceling-headphone-6.jpg

I hope now you understand you guys can you find a CHEAP HEADPHONE with NOISE CANCELLATION TECH in it ?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I can predict that in-spite of launching the device late, Nokia India will not provide us with free Wireless charger, they will charge us extra for it & we will have to buy it separately, I can vouch on this. Nokia India are becoming MONEY HUNGRY people now I swear. I can say they will price the phone more than 38k & also charge us for the Wireless charger. Anyways, on 7th January I will get a check of $100 = Rs.5400 approx from adsense because I just passed the $100 limit from youtube views LOL, HURRAY !
So with this money I will buy the wireless charger & I need a NOISE CANCELLATION WIRELESS HEADPHONE under Rs.3000/- Please advice me friends :D

a big
┈┈┈┈┈┈▕▔╲┈┈┈┈┈┈
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕┈┈┈┈┈┈
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂┈┈┈
▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏┈┈
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏┈┈
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏┈┈
▔▔▔▔▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂▏┈┈

Well the wireless charger didn't come free to us living in continental Europe and we paid 599 euros for the phone. Slightly cheaper than GS3 was on launch and a lot cheaper than iPhone 5 32GB is.
As far as active noise cancellation headphones go, i would personally just go for in-ears or headphones with proper passive noise cancellation. Though if i had to, Denon usually does decent stuff, so Denon AH-NC732.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Well the wireless charger didn't come free to us living in continental Europe and we paid 599 euros for the phone. Slightly cheaper than GS3 was on launch and a lot cheaper than iPhone 5 32GB is.
As far as active noise cancellation headphones go, i would personally just go for in-ears or headphones with proper passive noise cancellation. Though if i had to, Denon usually does decent stuff, so Denon AH-NC732.

Where are you from? Because yesterday I've read that Nokia is selling 920 at price of 640 Euros in Germany. The prices aren't going down yet.

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
dafuq is difference between ACTIVE noise cancellation & PASSIVE noise cancellation ? All I care about is Noise Cancellation so that I can hear the sound of headphones ONLY :D

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Some good news for fans to cheer up .Today morning i had a chat with nokia tech centre. He said the official announcement is the mobile will be released by first week itself. I conformed wethr there will be just announcement or the mobile will go on sale, the reply is L920 will go on sale from the day of announcement itself. No word of price yet

Any word about L820?

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
dafuq is difference between ACTIVE noise cancellation & PASSIVE noise cancellation ? All I care about is Noise Cancellation so that I can hear the sound of headphones ONLY :D

active noise cancellation has a separate battery operated unit which cancels background noise by producing frequencies of sound waves that cancels background noise..it comes in both headphones and earphones

Audio-Technica-ATH-ANC1-active-noise-cancelling-on-ear-headphones-1.jpg

audiotechnica-anc3-500x500.jpg

passive noise cancellation, also called noise isolation is the fit of headphone or earphone that plugs your ear so that background noise gets blocked...

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Just called up a priority dealer in Pune (JM Road). The guy over the phone told me Launching date is 13th January. And live demo pieces will reach his shop in next 3-4 days.
When asked about price he said "I gave you all the information that company gave me. Prices will be clear only at the launch."
He also said that 820 would be coming later, he knew only about 920.

With this I've run out of patience and probably will buy an 8X or some android handset next week.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just called up a priority dealer in Pune (JM Road). The guy over the phone told me Launching date is 13th January. And live demo pieces will reach his shop in next 3-4 days.
When asked about price he said "I gave you all the information that company gave me. Prices will be clear only at the launch."
He also said that 820 would be coming later, he knew only about 920.

With this I've run out of patience and probably will buy an 8X or some android handset next week.

Dude I thought of doing it, but imagine holding a Samsung or HTC device in hands... turned me off ;)

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
22nd January is my Birthday, if Nokia Lumia 920 is not released by then, than.. on 22nd January, I will either have HTC 8X or Samsung Galaxy S3 !
LOL, when Nokia first announced a launch date for India in November initially, I thought I would get it as birthday gift in December on my birthday... Imagine how much I should have been pissed off. I completely forgot this till you mentioned. I was filled with rage and disappointment when they missed the December deadline, now hopelessly ranting and waiting the launch as my "Moksha" :p So my piece of advise - unless your birthday falls in April or beyond don't plan for such celebrations :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz