Lumia 920 India Confirmation

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Day before yesterday , I received a call from Nokia customer care executive regarding the mail which I had sent them asking for the Lumia 920 and 820 launch. He said that both the devices are going to launch on 6th Jan 2013 and will be available for sale from that day. I asked them that Priority dealer had said that 920 will be launched by 14th Jan , He replied that Priority dealers are not updated with the launch information and both the devices are going to launch on 6th Jan itself.
About the pricing he said 820 will be roughly between 28K-32K and 920 between 33-36K. There will be only 4-5K difference between the two phones. Only few colours will be available at the launch.
At last I received a mail containing a survey to be fill up about customer satisfaction from Nokia care as quoted by the executive......
I am really hoping that Nokia India is not spreading the rumours about the launch and both phones should launch on 6th Jan.
They should keep some offer for launch like Wireless Charging Pad free and all.....so will be a great deal...
The way I see it, its 12:36 pm ( 00:36hr i.e. 6th January, 2013) now when I'm messaging you. If you would have been right, then the Nokia India's website should have removed the Coming Soon on the WP8 Devices & also post something about the Launch on its Social networking Website & as I see it, nothing has changed or provided any light of the launch. So Please... enough with the rumours from different Dealers & Nokia Customer Care executives & all. Let Nokia India officially Announce the device & trust me, you will be the 1st to know about it from here...

Anyways.. back to the topic of Google Blocking Google Maps on IE & WP8 Devices, here is the what I found :

It seems several Windows Phone 8 users trying to use the web version of the Google Maps service through the browser on their phones are being denied access, with the browser now redirecting to Google’s homepage. This move can be seen as the result of the growing rivalry between Google and Microsoft. Recently, Google disabled the Exchange ActiveSync support for personal, non-enterprise users, which was a big blow to Windows Phone 8 users who relied on Google’s services. This recent move cuts another one of Google’s services from being accessed from Microsoft’s devices. Also, if you’re waiting for a native Google Maps app, then you should remember that Google also recently said that they have no interest in developing for either Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8.

Google has responded to this issue with the same reason as stated above, saying that the mobile site is optimized for WebKit engine, whereas the IE browser on WP8 uses the Trident engine. However, there is no explanation on why it used to work partially before and why it does not work at all now.
WMPowerUser has a video with Google Maps mobile version working great with Lumia 920 if only Google would allow it. They simply changed the User Agent String from Lumia to something else.

Video proves that the Google Maps Mobile web app is perfectly usable on Windows Phone | WMPoweruser

And why Google is blocking the desktop version of maps? IE10 has a desktop mode selection that basically tells sites to load the regular version instead of mobile. Google is now blocking that also for WP. That still works for many through maps.google.co.uk but not through maps.google.com.
And before someone says they simply want to guarantee good experience etc: If you change the user agent to something random that certainly isn't supported then Google still gives you the basic desktop site.

So now we know Google is not only disingenuous, but also liars.
Note that it does not really make much difference – with excellent maps courtesy of Nokia we do not really care about Google Maps, unlike those stuck on the iPhone. It should however warn people that Google is in fact NOT your friend, and the company is actively hostile to Windows Phone users. If you have a choice about using their services make your plans now to move to another, before Google sabotages your access there too.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Good morning guys,
Its 6th, another launch date of l920 in india, and still nothing could be seen directing today launch.
Anyways, if its going to launch today, there will not be any bang, i mean an event to celebrate it. Just an announcement regarding launch, which i hope will not happen, :D
Anyway, i hope i would be wrong and a post on fb says its available.
Good luck guys.....

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Rumors are never ending... everyone is excited about the product from last year .. I hope it lives up to the expectations once you hold and start using it :)

Prabhjot Singh2

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I talked to therepresentative at the store where I have paid 5k booking amount and I am the first on the booking list. The guy told me that the launch party is on the 10th Jan, the phone will be with the distributors for 11,12th when they start sending out to Priority dealers and others...and he said that he will give me the piece on 13th. So 13th is the date for me !

As for the price..he said that nokia is not giving out any information on that and he said that it is below 40k .

nishant786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to Nokia Chat too and they said 11th January and also the colors Red, White and Yellow.
However I do feel this time it may be correct. My theory is that they have been promoting this "APP contest" too much. Which is happening this week. I feel they want to co-ordinate the 2 events. Anyways lets keep our already very twisted fingers crossed. :wink:

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok so its the 6th and i called back to Nokia to ask what happened to the launch which was told to us as 6th Jan. He replied its launching 1st week of Jan!! WTH...its already the end of 1st week of Jan so i asked him to check again and then he replied 11th Jan to which i told him that i have lost faith in you guys :(

Anyhow, few days back read on another forum about the 11th as the launch day and the guy also mentioned the venue in Chennai where it would get launched...darn this wait is killing me and the price should not be more than 33K!

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so its the 6th and i called back to Nokia to ask what happened to the launch which was told to us as 6th Jan. He replied its launching 1st week of Jan!! WTH...its already the end of 1st week of Jan so i asked him to check again and then he replied 11th Jan to which i told him that i have lost faith in you guys :(

Anyhow, few days back read on another forum about the 11th as the launch day and the guy also mentioned the venue in Chennai where it would get launched...darn this wait is killing me and the price should not be more than 33K!

forum link please :)

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just now got confirmation regarding the date 11th from nokia chat support + a nokia priority dealer says it will be 35K... They have started the pre booking and its 2000 INR. They have confirmed that it will reach the store by 11th or max by 12th for sure.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
To me they specially called and took 1.5K amount as prebooking. They told me the price to be 38-40K and said that the device is coming on 10th

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs