Lumia 920 India Confirmation

Chaitanya Gupta

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
There is an event on 11th jan(tomorrow) in Delhi. It is the launch party of lumia 920. I am going with a couple of my friends so anyone in Delhi can attend it. Very excited for the launch party. It is at 6:30 pm in ambience mall

abhibh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Wiat wait wait....... dafaq is Charging Plate Connected to ?
OMG did you all see how Nokia is fooling people stating "WIRELESS" charging ?
I mean how the heck in the world is it WIRELESS if the Wireless Charging Plate itself has to be connected to a charger by a chord & a plug both separate, instead that is more of WORK to be done rather than just connecting the device to a simple Charger...
I mean if you look carefully IN ALL NOKIA'S CHARGING PLATE ADS, they DO NOT show where the charging plate's wire end.. BIG LOL !

That is because it has to be connected to a plug... Why in the earth would I want to connect the mobile to the charging plate which has to be connected to a separate chord which in turn has to be connected to a plug & then Plugged in..
Why not just connect the device into a charger instead of doing soo much work ?
& they call it WIRELESS.......... Meh -_-

Link : Nokia Wireless Charging Plate Blk AT&T (Unboxing) - YouTube

You are getting HIGH on NOKIA. I suggest you eat an iApple a day to keep the doctor away or go to a doctor and tell him to prescribe you some Droidcilin

Wireless charging mean you don't have to connect your charger cable on phone. So if you get a call at night u just pick your phone, talk and place the phone on charging plate. No need to find the charger cable and plug it in.

If we go by what you mean by 'Wireless' then your WiFi modem at home must not be attached to a power source and you are still online via WiFi on your laptop.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You are getting HIGH on NOKIA. I suggest you eat an iApple a day to keep the doctor away or go to a doctor and tell him to prescribe you some Droidcilin

Wireless charging mean you don't have to connect your charger cable on phone. So if you get a call at night u just pick your phone, talk and place the phone on charging plate. No need to find the charger cable and plug it in.

If we go by what you mean by 'Wireless' then your WiFi modem at home must not be attached to a power source and you are still online via WiFi on your laptop.

Lol!

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What kind of review is this? The reviewer has no clue what he is writing about... For eg... He says "Lumia 920 the point-and-shoot camera killer but it has one flaw. Lumia 920 uses a slower shutter speed by default to get better images in low-light. This means a user has to keep hands very steady for seconds after hitting the camera button. If you don't hold the hands steady, photos do not come out as sharp as they ought to be." Does the author has any idea what OIS is? Pure view phase 2 is about making photography easier. It gives users blur free pictures all the time...
And Windows 8 cannot multitask ? Where did this author come from?

Abhishek M

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
What kind of review is this? The reviewer has no clue what he is writing about... For eg... He says "Lumia 920 the point-and-shoot camera killer but it has one flaw. Lumia 920 uses a slower shutter speed by default to get better images in low-light. This means a user has to keep hands very steady for seconds after hitting the camera button. If you don't hold the hands steady, photos do not come out as sharp as they ought to be." Does the author has any idea what OIS is? Pure view phase 2 is about making photography easier. It gives users blur free pictures all the time...
And Windows 8 cannot multitask ? Where did this author come from?

My bad for calling it honest then.
But he says categorically that it is an issue only with some apps:
"Multitasking, for example, remains an issue. Except a handful of apps like music player, the others are paused as soon as they are in the background. Once you switch to these apps again, they are resumed. This is fine for apps like video players but not for apps like Twitter or IM+, which have to pull in data in real time."

he could be wrong, but i dont know how true this is.

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
My bad for calling it honest then.
But he says categorically that it is an issue only with some apps:
"Multitasking, for example, remains an issue. Except a handful of apps like music player, the others are paused as soon as they are in the background. Once you switch to these apps again, they are resumed. This is fine for apps like video players but not for apps like Twitter or IM+, which have to pull in data in real time."

he could be wrong, but i dont know how true this is.

There is a concept of fast resume with WP8. Some apps while they are being developed can get that functionality.. like FB and all.. so the developers might surely would have done that for the apps which require such connectivity.. WP8 is like iOS in multi-tasking, it has its ways to select which apps should be running..

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
What kind of review is this? The reviewer has no clue what he is writing about... For eg... He says "Lumia 920 the point-and-shoot camera killer but it has one flaw. Lumia 920 uses a slower shutter speed by default to get better images in low-light. This means a user has to keep hands very steady for seconds after hitting the camera button. If you don't hold the hands steady, photos do not come out as sharp as they ought to be." Does the author has any idea what OIS is? Pure view phase 2 is about making photography easier. It gives users blur free pictures all the time...And Windows 8 cannot multitask ? Where did this author come from?
dude, there is a huge diff btw multitasking and running apps in background. While wp can do multitasking, while background app running is near to impossible. Only music player can actually run in bkgrnd, ya in wp8 also. Whatsapp is also app which runs in bkgrnd but as music player (if u r running whatsapp on wp, on start screen press volume rocker while music is totally stopped. U will still see music controler and no track name on it, and if u press blank space where track name usually written, it will take u to whatsapp. Take it as shortcut to whatsapp) but realty is, wp do not support background apps.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
My bad for calling it honest then.But he says categorically that it is an issue only with some apps:"Multitasking, for example, remains an issue. Except a handful of apps like music player, the others are paused as soon as they are in the background. Once you switch to these apps again, they are resumed. This is fine for apps like video players but not for apps like Twitter or IM+, which have to pull in data in real time."he could be wrong, but i dont know how true this is.
sad, but whatever he has written is true. Wp do not allow 3rd party apps to run in background. BUT be practicle, do we really need it? We hv fb chat, twitter feeds and messenger integrated, which runs in background ofcourse. Whatsapp runs as music player to be kept running in background. What else do we need which require to be updated in realtime?

Abhishek M

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
sad, but whatever he has written is true. Wp do not allow 3rd party apps to run in background. BUT be practicle, do we really need it? We hv fb chat, twitter feeds and messenger integrated, which runs in background ofcourse. Whatsapp runs as music player to be kept running in background. What else do we need which require to be updated in realtime?

well i have been used to multiple apps running in the background, using galaxy s2 all this time. dont know hw much of a change is this going to be.Lets c.
Hopefully it wont bother me ,much.

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Had the chat with the NPD, actually many NP dealers, all said the same thing about the product availability in Mumbai, atleast in Proper Mumbai. According to them, the product is still in the customs & placed in warehouse & will be cleared on Monday & will be available to everyone from Tuesday - 15th January Onwards.. Darn :(

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
aww man this thread is dying out...i actually thought it would reach 920 posts....thats it im done with wishful thinking.

263 more posts needed!!! Thats near to impossible. And if we start spamming, they will close the thread without our goal reached. Better leave it. But i wish we had done it :[

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12