Some doubts/queries regarding WP8 and Lumia 920

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Dear All

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. However, I have been a regular visitor since the last 4 odd months.
I am sure to get a Lumia 920 but waiting for it to launch in India (and its taking forever :cry:)

Anyway, i read a lot about how WP 8 needs something like BBM to actually overtake it as a business phone. What i don't understand is that isn't the ROOM feature in WP 8 would do the same? Pardon my ignorance but I believe we can chat with all the people who have WP 8 and are a part of the ROOM.

Now about the Lumia 920 -

I watched this video on youtube
Galaxy S3 vs. Nokia Lumia 920 - YouTube

I believed that Lumia screen was better than S3 with more brightness and vibrant colors. I do understand that it now lacks the deep blacks of the AMOLED but in this video it looks rather dull as compared to the S3. Isn't HD+ screen supposed to be better than the HD??

Also, if any one has any idea, when can we expect the camera fix and other feature updates like call reject with sms, wifi on option etc for the L920?

In any case, I'm not buying any samsung phone as i can't stand that brand name and though i like the 8X but the internal memory of only 16GB is a big set back!
Lastly, I fell in love with the Lumia when i saw the 800 and more so when i saw the Lumia 920 in yellow! So i would eventually buy this only.

Still, if anyone could throw some light on the above points, it would be much appreciated.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I believed that Lumia screen was better than S3 with more brightness and vibrant colors. I do understand that it now lacks the deep blacks of the AMOLED but in this video it looks rather dull as compared to the S3. Isn't HD+ screen supposed to be better than the HD??

The 920s colours are more "real" than the SGS3, which has a more... saturated colour. Ive had both devices, and I find the screens equally good, perhaps with a slight advantage to the 920.

The FW upgrade that 8X got a few days ago is most likely coming during december for the Nokia devices, I think. The 920T or whatever its called in China apparently launched with that update preloaded, so it cant be far off.

As for the camera update, I dont know. Might be the same time, might be january.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I dont know, I assume theres an app that lets you do that, but I wont guarantee it.
Maybe someone else will know :) .

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, i am still wondering about BBM vs ROOMS but after going through so many threads in this forum; what is with the live tiles not getting updated?
If they actually get stuck and do not get updated regularly; doesn't it kill the fun of the whole operating system?

One of the biggest reasons why i want to shift to wp8 is the live tiles...

chinlj

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please throw some light on BBM viz a viz ROOMS feature on WP8?

I'm not 100% positive but I believe BBM is encrypted and supposedly uncrackable, that's the real deal for business and gov. However, the recent development in some countries demand that RIM provide decryption upon request.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss