I can barely hear the caller's voice on my Lumia 920 ...

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
When I get a call, I can barely hear the person's voice. It happens every time I get a call. I turn the volume up to 10/10 but still it is very very quite. Is it normal?

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
When I get a call, I can barely hear the person's voice. It happens every time I get a call. I turn the volume up to 10/10 but still it is very very quite. Is it normal?

I have the same problem 10/10 and its still too low. Not sure if its because I am going deaf or just low volume on the 920. Could be a quality control issues as someone will chime in and says that they are at 2/10 and its just fine.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
what carrier? What network (edge/3g/4g/lte?) are you putting the speaker to your ear, or perhaps missing lining it up?

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
what carrier? What network (edge/3g/4g/lte?) are you putting the speaker to your ear, or perhaps missing lining it up?

Im with a European Network called Blau.de.Ive been with them for like 6 years now and they are great. Its 4G network. I put the speaker to my ear the same way ive been doing it for 16 years now. Today my wife called me and while I was shopping. The sound was so low that I asked her to sms me with what she was going to say. hmm..Im not deaf or something but this VERY low

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Might be a carrier issue then, unless your lumia is defective. Certainly on AT&T if I put it up to 10, its very very loud. If you use headphones (wired, preferably) is the the volume sufficient? If so, I would wonder about your earpiece speaker being bad.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, and I find call volume to be quite loud unless the phone is not centered over my ear (like pointed at my forehead... seems like the speaker design doesn't really spread out well... much more unidirectional than omnidirectional. But if I hold it away from my head, it's alright, interestingly enough.

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
agreed with goodthings2life. It depends on how you place your ears on the phone. I notice that it can go from unable to hear to very loud :)

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a rattle/vibration effect when using the earpiece at a higher volume? I can only get to around 5/10 on mine before the audio starts making vibration noises and the person is very hard to hear.

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Update from me:

Problem RESOLVED :grin: . The thing was: I had installed a screen protector. On the top, right where the speaker is placed, there was one part of the protector which was supossed to be removed which I had NOT. So the whole time it was like the speaker was covered by the screen protector and I was wondering why the sound of the caller is so low ...hahah..Stupid me !!!

I removed that screen protector and went for a new one and this time did NOTcover the speaker and there you go. Its laud and clear.

dubai911

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the Lumia 920 and also think that its handset volume is lower than average compared to other devices. I'm not sure if it's a hardware limitation or can be fixed by a software update

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720