Text message thread - Read only?

PhilS_UK

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Noticed a message thread in texts does not let me reply anymore. Just says 'read only message' where the text should be input ? :eck:

Anyone know whats up? Is there a message thread expiry date here???

Thanks

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you might have been chatting with them over messenger or Facebook and they are now offline.... hit the button with 2 arrows and switch to sms

PhilS_UK

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you might have been chatting with them over messenger or Facebook and they are now offline.... hit the button with 2 arrows and switch to sms

Thanks. I don't have facebook installed, and I sent a text message ...replies were text messages (as far as I can tell). Not sure which button U mean?

Edit: The button is on this pic http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/how-to/wp8/people/messaging however I don't have that button as all messages are text only in the thread. So looks like an expiry on a text thread to me :S

Last edited:

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe I figured it out, for my case anyway.

I had my contacts with Google IMAP. I deleted the account, and then readded it with exchange.

So my old thread for "John" became read only since technically this contact isn't on my phone anymore. John (with activesync) is now there, and I have to make a new sms thread to text him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte