Wireless charger shutting off phone

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the wireless charger 3 days ago, and since then, every night i've charged my phone its shut off during the night. Anyone experience this? Any resolution?
I've had occasional shut offs before, but usually 1 time a week during the day. I just do a reset to get it on.
I have 0 apps allowed to run in the background, and i always close programs with the back arrow so nothing was running. I dont use the NFC on my charging stand I've always left it off.

Anyone seen this?

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Took it in my own hands to look for answers. @NokiaCareUS and I have been exchanging tweets, they said my issue is due to a bug in W8 phone, patch will be released to AT&T Lumia 920s this month. I asked for any kind of assurance on that, about the carrier delaying it, but I haven't heard anything.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem in addition to some other things (random shut downs when not charging, reboot loops, etc.). I am hopeful that the patch/update which is supposed to come this month is going to fix these problems. If not, I will have little choice but to take the phone back for a replacement.

Baoxx057

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I had this happen to my first 920 which I got from the first batch. I exchanged it right away for no charge with the help of Nokia Resolution. I couldn't live without my alarm clock not going off because the phone would shut down in the middle of the night.

No issues since.

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine has shut off maybe 3 times in the month i've had it not counting the wireless charging. The wired charger works fine. I have a 60 day return window from best buy which I will be using for my loose vibrate feature when they get other colors in. This is no big, I just use wireless charging during day and plug it in at night for now. Anytime you early adopt anything there are a few bugs.

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
A few of us have had this problem. This thread will give you more info.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...umia-920-bricked-after-wireless-charging.html

The advice from Nokia initially has been to ensure you don't have Bluetooth, NFC or any apps running in the background when you put it on the wireless charger. Anecdotally, the apps seemed to be the most obvious culprit. But so far, this approach has helped, but not eradicated the problem. Anyway, we are all awaiting the update now to see if Nokia have fixed this issue.

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Those are the same things I went over with the Nokia support via Twitter.
As far as background tasks, the only things I let run are: Battery Level for WP8, iHeardRadio and Weather Channel app.
I never use my windows button to 'close' an app, I always use the back arrow so it is actually closed.

CyCl0n3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same, tried it yesterday with cable... no shutdown. When i use Charging plate it shuts down during the night, but not when in flight /offline mode. I hope they fix that with a patch, if its a software issue at all. Otherwise i need to use a cable or everytime flight mode. But that sadly destroys the idea of Wireless charging for me. And in addition the micro USB ports often get destroyed after a while, as a experienced on my E7 wich is unusable now after the 3rd exchange/repair. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo