Will the overheating issue destroy my phone?

anon(5355319)

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I've been using the Lumia 920 for a month now and I am loving it, apart from the battery issues that I had in the beginning, but now it has been great. I am having the overheating issue and I don't think it will go away (Rogers phone 45/2012 build), now that does not bother me at all, but as an avid eBook reader, I tend to read for more than an hour sometimes. What bothers me is that will the overheating issue crash/brick/deteriorate my phone? And did I mention that the L920 is a great mini eBook reader? :)

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt it will, I build computers and the PCB that are in electronics can withstand temps up to 110c most of the time; So unless your phone is getting 110c and you have to wear an oven mitt to hold it, you should be fine :D

anon(5355319)

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
That's great to hear!I was just worried because whenever I use it for long periods of time there is a concentration of heat on the top part of the phone but none on the bottom, and the battery would jump down to 6 hours remaining and that's on a full charge, then jump right back at 1 day and x hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos