Music Player fast forward

vy1848

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just me... but how do you fast forward a song? I know you can hold the skip track button, but that's annoying. Is there no way to drag your finger across the bar to a position you want?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
No there is not. I hope they add this feature. I've been dealing with this since WP7. I have gotten used to this fact but I hope it gets added in an update, it'd be nice.

JussiRM

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Since I got my Lumia 920 this has been almost my only complaint. I can't believe this feature does not exist. It's not such a big deal for me personally but still leaves me a bit confused.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping they make it like Xbox Video on Windows 8. That's a great way to select your location in a track either backwards or forwards.

Zer0fluX

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Tap and hold the Next button (right arrow) and you can fast forward the track. Use the Prev (left arrow) button the same way to rewind.

Edit: I'm using the forums via the wpcentral app and didn't scroll up to see the OP already knew about what I suggested.

Dlsimon

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to believe this feature isn't included on the phone. Every mp3 player/phone I've had in the past 10 years has had this ability. Seems like a big miss. I should be able to tap on the position of the track's progress to instantly skip ahead.

That said, has anyone come across any good Music Player apps in the store? I'd really like to have something with gapless playback and other general enhancements. On Android (where I just came from), I was using PowerAmp, but they don't develop it for Windows Phone. The Music apps I've seen in the store have mediocre to bad reviews, or are just geared to playing online music.

elkshadow5

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I know its been a couple years since the last comment/reply but Spotify is a GREAT app for both android and apple. It is $10 a month for full service but is 150% worth it

netko

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I would honestly like to know if there is music player that is half as good as 2$ mp3 player that is available for my 500$ phone? This one is ridiculously bad and microsoft hasn't even glanced in its direction.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I would honestly like to know if there is music player that is half as good as 2$ mp3 player that is available for my 500$ phone? This one is ridiculously bad and microsoft hasn't even glanced in its direction.

You can fast forward in the Xbox Music app in 8.1 now. Works ok.

And the music player of WP 8.1 is fine, just a little slow. 2$ music players suck in terms of formats, display, battery life etc etc.
Btw, just like you said: it's a phone (a computer that is able to make phone calls to be exact). It does more than just music, so they have millions of features, some will get more priority than another. It's weird the music app has troubles, but it will be fixed. I like the idea there's a user voice and they respond as well. Where do I go with feedback for my iPod? Or iPhone...? Where can I say "iTunes for Windows sucks"? So, Microsoft isn't perfect, but at least they want to know where our problems are.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I know its been a couple years since the last comment/reply but Spotify is a GREAT app for both android and apple. It is $10 a month for full service but is 150% worth it

it does not play music that is stored on the phone. even though it works smoothly, also on WP, it is not a fully-fledged music app.

Edit: Huh? Why are we responding to this old thread? The original music player in WP 7, 7.5, 7.8, and 8 were near perfect, save a few minor issues?

Sinestar10

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Tap and hold the Next button (right arrow) and you can fast forward the track. Use the Prev (left arrow) button the same way to rewind.

Edit: I'm using the forums via the wpcentral app and didn't scroll up to see the OP already knew about what I suggested.

THANKS for the little trick that solved the problem
I was using this trick with my old C1 phone but forgot about it with my Lumia 520 but you reminded me, thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb