lumia920 nokia music,mix radio app not available for your region issue

pjchou

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I am a new user to the WP in Taiwan, was looking forward towards the mix radio app, however, upon receiving the phone, the most anticipated function is not available for my region/country,can anyone provide a step by step guide to change the setting to countries that allows mix radio/nokia music? i read it somewhere that it is achievable, but, just need the step by step guide for a newbie user that does not use technical jargon!!!!!!!! :()

Cheers guys

PJ

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
anybody confirms whether changing store and restart will do it?
My Nokia Music also missing the Mix Radio feature. But changing store to other region wont help (my original is Indonesia Store). Wonder whether other steps are needed to enable it??

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
you can set your region to USA and you will get all the apps not available for your region, but you will not get Mix Radio..Nokia has cheated many regions like mine too where they said Lumia 920 comes with Nokia Music Package but actually it's not the case.

look here.. Nokia Music - UAE (MENA) - Misleading/False Nokia ... - Nokia Support Discussions

you have only the option to go to Nokia Center and shout at them to have this... this way you may get as early as possible, as Nokia says they are rolling out Nokia Music soon to all regions..

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Music determine your location by Sim ( atleast in my case this is what Nokia Music Store said).. or by Firmware .. you can have the app but you can't have the access to Music..... I was so annoyed and angry but couldn't get Nokia Music even I spoke to Nokia Support... they said they will be rolling out soon.

I switched to Xbox Music which is pretty good but not great as regional songs are not frequently added.. you can get the plenty of European and American Music but fair amount of regional Music.

Try Xbox.. the lady told me I can stream free Xbox Music on Lumia920 but that never happend so I bought 3 months subscription for 32US Dollars...

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It's possible, but it won't be a permanent solution.

To get Nokia Music fully working in Canada you need to download it from the store after changing your region settings.

After you download/install it, turn your location, cellular and Wi-Fi OFF...and open Nokia Music...once everything is loaded, exit the app.

Turn on your Wi-Fi, and then open Nokia Music, it'll work.

But that's the end of it. Try accessing it with your Location and/or Cellular on, it'll revert to "My Music, Settings."

lplarry

May 24, 2013
Visit site
It's possible, but it won't be a permanent solution.
i
To get Nokia Music fully working in Canada you need to download it from the store after changing your region settings.

After you download/install it, turn your location, cellular and Wi-Fi OFF...and open Nokia Music...once everything is loaded, exit the app.

Turn on your Wi-Fi, and then open Nokia Music, it'll work.

But that's the end of it. Try accessing it with your Location and/or Cellular on, it'll revert to "My Music, Settings."

lplarry

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this clear reply. Why when locating with location on does it revert to *my music* *settings*. With location off it mix radio does work.
Seems counter intuitive?
But if it works, when you choose offline do the songs load to your flashdrive in the phone?
larry

kenovi

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Blizkh,

thanks for sharing. I ran into problem getting Mix Radio in Singapore (the service is available here) with a Lumia 920 from Singapore and Nokia account, SIM card and firmware all from Singapore. Without signing into Nokia account, I was able to use mix radio. But the Nokia Music app revert to only My Music and Setting function after signing into Nokia account (account location is Singapore btw). Any advise why is this happening?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire