Any update on yellow availability? Need opinions to help choosing phone.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am debating buying the lumia 920, but I want to see the yellow in person as I think it is my favorite of the colors, probably followed by white. I prefer the glossy backs as they are less slippery than the matte (NL900 is slippery phone, but feels so awesome I let it slide :)

Any one have a good idea of when they think or heard the yellow will be back in stock. I live on Long Island, NY not to far from the city. The microsoft store around here didn't know any details.

I wish I could get it in the htc blue of the 8x or the 8x had wireless charging and 32gb of memory (WHAT AN OVERSIGHT). So now i am deciding between White, Red, Cyan NL920 or blue 8x, or Nexus 4.

Any opinions out there to help me decide.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The reasoning for why I picked my colour is this:

Black is boring and bland, Ive had black phones constantly. Black N900, black N9, black N97, dark grey N8, black SGS2... I just didnt want the black one.

Yellow/Red/Blue: Striking and VERY awesome. However, I had a magenta Lumia 800, and I felt that the colour of the phone made my theme choices a lot more limited. Not every tile setup goes with your chosen colour when you have such a set colour. Sure, it looks MAD awesome with a red phone using yellow tiles, or red tiles on a yellow phone, and several other combinations. But not all.

Gray: I considered gray as well, it looks nice. It really does. And its not intrusive, and so works with all palettes.

White: White, to me, is the perfect one. The black/white contrast of the bezel and ceramic buttons on the white unibody, the glossy finish, the fact that it is neutral and thus can use any palette for tiles... Also, it was the first available 920, which surely didnt hurt.

So for me, its the white one. Without contest.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How does the yellow compare to the yellow on the htc 8x, it looks more pastel than highlighter of the 8x. Is this true. Would the yellow be inappropriate to bring to an office environment? What do you think?

I am leaning towards the white because it might be more appropriate in the work environment, plus the white is available now. Just wish I could see the yellow in person or at least know the release date.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How does the yellow compare to the yellow on the htc 8x, it looks more pastel than highlighter of the 8x. Is this true. Would the yellow be inappropriate to bring to an office environment? What do you think?

I am leaning towards the white because it might be more appropriate in the work environment, plus the white is available now. Just wish I could see the yellow in person or at least know the release date.

The 8X is more of a neon yellow (imagine nike sneakers or something), as where the 920 is more a canary yellow. Its still got some green in it but its more of a yellow yellow than the 8X. One thing I've noticed about these new colors though is they're very reactive to different lighting, for example my cyan looks very blue under white light but under standard interior lighting it tends to look more green almost teal colored. As far as the office thing is concerned I say choose what you want, its not like you'll be fired for using a yellow phone (probably).

EDIT: Heres an image to give you an idea of the difference between both shades, also the 8X is way brighter than the 920 IRL:
Yellow.jpg

MrVol84

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
IMO the yellow on the L920 is a lot nicer and a lot more presentable as far as taking it into a professional environment. I originally purchased the cyan color but after seeing the yellow in person I didn't hesitate to return and exchange it for the yellow. The white is cool too but IMO there's nothing like the yellow. It's fresh, eye catching, yet not too much.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The weird thing is that yellow 920 is not sold in AT&T stores, but yellow 8x is sold in almost every AT&T store.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my yellow Lumia 920 in a store a about a week or so after the release. I live in Pittsburgh PA. The store salesman said their the only store to have them because they were the top store in the country. I don't know, I didn't ask questions I just about passed out when I called and he said " we have 4 yellow ones in stock " couldn't believe it. I am very pleased with my Lumia, no complaints here. . . Not one

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh man I am so jealous of all you yellow owners. Nokia really needs to get on their game and get these phones out there while the demand is hot. At least release some information for buyers who are waiting. I am assuming January is the next time yellow will be available at this rate. Any insight on yellows future availability?

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I got my yellow Lumia 920 in a store a about a week or so after the release. I live in Pittsburgh PA. The store salesman said their the only store to have them because they were the top store in the country. I don't know, I didn't ask questions I just about passed out when I called and he said " we have 4 yellow ones in stock " couldn't believe it. I am very pleased with my Lumia, no complaints here. . . Not one

What store was it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo