New & Just switched from Galaxy Note to Lumia 920

Rob Collins II

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
New to this forum and wanted to say hello. I just made the switch from a Galaxy Note to the Lumia 920. I was a Windows Mobile user before the iphone and then moved to Android which is great on my Galaxy Note. Always enjoyed Windows Mobile ( I know most didn't) so when my company gave me the Lumia I was happy to try the NEW Windows phone 8 world. After three days I am liking what I see and have started to migrate away from Google now that MS makes it easier to keep everything in sync. I have followed this community for some time and look forward hanging out with you all. Time will tell if the 5" note wins me back.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad to have you! Just keep the questions coming and we'll be happy to help. It's not always a smooth experience with a 1st gen device.

jontay02

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
New to this forum and wanted to say hello. I just made the switch from a Galaxy Note to the Lumia 920. I was a Windows Mobile user before the iphone and then moved to Android which is great on my Galaxy Note. Always enjoyed Windows Mobile ( I know most didn't) so when my company gave me the Lumia I was happy to try the NEW Windows phone 8 world. After three days I am liking what I see and have started to migrate away from Google now that MS makes it easier to keep everything in sync. I have followed this community for some time and look forward hanging out with you all. Time will tell if the 5" note wins me back.

i'm using GNOTE 1 as well. contemplating to get either 920 or 8x. how's the feel of it?

tapiocamilktea

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
In the same situation as you are, switched to the 920 from a galaxy note recently. Used to have a LG quantum before that and really didn't miss wp7. Having had the 920 for a few weeks, I have concluded wp8 is a much better experience, possibly due to a snappier processor also. Think I'll settle with Nokia for a while.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well done, sir. I'm a fan of Samsung phones most of the time but Notes are just too big for my liking.. Plus WP is still the best UI :)

Rob Collins II

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
i'm using GNOTE 1 as well. contemplating to get either 920 or 8x. how's the feel of it?

The hardware of the 920 is very well done. The WP8 OS is very impressive so far, smooth and fast for the most part. It is about the same size as the Motorola Droid X so it is easier for one handed operation than the Note is. Don't get me wrong the Note is one nice phone but the 920/WP8 OS and my new Windows 8 laptop in combination with Skydrive and Outlook.com and its like having a system that just works and everything stays in sync. There are holes to fill on Microsoft's part both with WP8 & Windows 8 but the rate of update in apps and Win8 have been impressive.
My plan is to use the Nokia only for the next two weeks and decide from there. But I will tell you that so far the only thing I have missed is the Large screen on the note but not the Android / Google ecosystem. Good luck with your decision!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome.

Moving from any Samsung device must feel like going from a Hyundai to a Mercedes in terms of build quality I'm sure.

Samsung makes good stuff, but I could just never get over the cheap plasticky feel of everything they make. They make such nice screen and good hardware otherwise, I don't understand why they wrap it in cheap feeling lightweight dime store plastic. :(

Rob Collins II

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Well done, sir. I'm a fan of Samsung phones most of the time but Notes are just too big for my liking.. Plus WP is still the best UI :)

So far I am impressed with the 920/WP8 but the thought did occur to me that it would be cool to see a note sized WP8 phone from Samsung, but you are correct they are BIG. Would love to flash a WP8 rom to the Gnote just to see it but that can't happen as far as I know.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Want a thin and light design? Beats audio? Wide front camera? Get the 8X. Want a bigger and heavier phone, but sturdier and you know it won't break easily? Dolby audio and equalizer? Nokia exclusive apps? Super sensitive touch? PureView camera? Get the 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss