It's happening "multiple people had windows phones"

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
to be fair (save my Pride), I already have Facebook and Twitter, where I show of my amateur photography skills and to show of my windows phone camera... Did so with my 900. Doing it with my 920. So I want to strick at the IOS heart of image sharing. Even downgraded pic quality of some awesome night shot would do wonders in showing my iPhone 5 carrying friends that the new kid on the block is something special (the new kid being of course the 920)

Thanks, you almost got me there with the "I wanna..." punt.
Frankly, i am not a photography kind of person. Till now, the no. of snapshots i have taken with my 900 camera, i can actually count it with my own hands.
Btw, the "narcissistic" post is juz an impulsive tongue-in-cheek quote.
I got nothing against IG. Hey! Anything that helps in making Windows Phone more successful & entrenched, I am all for it.
Enjoy your 920 ;)

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to be offtopic again, but when Instagram isn't about filter and only partly about the community, WHAT is it that makes it so special, so popular, only its existence? (brain soon going up in smokes from lack of understanding)

Who knows? But it is. It has a huge amount of users and all those users want a phone with Instagram on it. Isn't that enough to justify the presence of an Instagram app on WP? If you don't get it and won't use it, don't. But there are tons of people who would, and that's the important thing.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol I thought I clicked on the wrong thread for a second... I just typed same things you've typed so far and they all capitalize. Might be something with your keyboard settings..

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I was at the Rockefeller plaza taking pics of the tree with my stormtropper. When I got a chance to review my pics, I saw a dude with the banana 920 taking pics as well!!!!! It was so awesome seeing a random dude with the yellow one and rocking it hard!! I wish I had a yellow one -_-.

MikeTheYid

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You, sir, have a very odd phone.

Someone else said it first, I just confirmed it, i'm sure it's supposed to capitalise it just doesn't. Using English UK with nothing changed.

EDIT: The issue is solved apparently only US English can capitalise the I automatically. Damn you Microsoft. *shakes fist*

Last edited:

Runningman53

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure the trick with the capital I is to use the autocorrect a couple of times to change the i to I and then it learns that is what you want to do. That is how it worked on my 920 anyways.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen one, but also only seen one iPhone5. Most people have some odd-looking HTC device with an odd camera lens bulge (or similar). I am deep in US Cellular country.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Guess I have to repost this... again.

Ok I'm saying this in bold because I'm really tired of repeating this across various tech sites and forums. Instagram is not just an app to apply crappy filters to photos, in fact thats like .00002% of what it is, Instagram is a SOCIAL NETWORK. Sites like Twitter and Facebook become cluttered with so much useless crap that you don't care about, like what your sister's friend's roommate ate for lunch, or a stupid ad or promotion for this or that. Instagram gets rid of all that and provides you with a clean easy way to keep up with your friends without dealing with all that extra junk you don't care about. Trick is to not apply the filters (although I actually like some of them, gasp) that way what you're left with is simply a stream of hopefully interesting photos that tell a story, where you've been, what you like, who you like.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well thats a **** of a lot of Facebook posts.

/end rant

longcipher

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine on the the first day they were available. The next day I hopped a plane to Vegas. That afternoon I saw a dude rocking a white one. Didn't see any more in the wild until today, in Philly, I saw a Verizon 820. Not many, but I only saw one WP7 device in the entire year it was out.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: It's happening

@Hiiiiiiiii - battery life is easy fixed if you search these forums. you can stop a couple things like tap-to-send NFC and make sure Nokia Drive isn't on in the background - Settings - Application Background Tasks - i also drained battery completely to zero and made the phone turn itself off. turn it on again and let it die again. and then recharge to full again and that seems to have helped. i also think there's some dodgy apps there that cause it like WeatherFlow. have installed it twice and both times have seen the location icon display regularly and battery seems to drain fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss