media messages and cellular data

coooll

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Do my media messages result in data usage because my internet/MMS apn is not added? I honestly have no idea what those are, but I thought that my WiFi/unlimited texting plan would cover my media messages. However, I have to enable my cellular data to send/receive such messages. If the only way for me to send picture and video messages is through using my cellular data, it feels like a waste.
Thanks.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Do my media messages result in data usage because my internet/MMS apn is not added? I honestly have no idea what those are, but I thought that my WiFi/unlimited texting plan would cover my media messages. However, I have to enable my cellular data to send/receive such messages. If the only way for me to send picture and video messages is through using my cellular data, it feels like a waste.
Thanks.

yea I really wish we could do this on WiFi

coooll

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
yeah, like my sister's iphone doesn't charge data for her media messages. it just seems odd that our phones would.....(or it's something about the apn thing I have no clue about)

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am confused. you want to send SMS and MMS (both types of texts) to someone without using your data plan?

This can't be done, as far as me having had no phones in the past that could do that. I had the iphone, as someone previously wrote) and the only way for that to happen over wifi and not the data plan was to use iMessage. If I didn't send a text using iMessage, it required me to have my data connection turned on also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb