Data Connection

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have noticed that my 920 data connection drops out. I can still receive phone calls, but no internet connection. It will start working again maybe a 1/2 hour later or if i restart the phone it works right away.
Does anybody have this problem? I have tried disabling 4g and only use 3g, and the same issue still happens. It happens atleast once or twice a day

Tweety

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I went and got a new simcard to see if that solved the problem. Sadly it did not. Im really wondering if there is something actually wrong with the phone :(

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
In regular use I haven't had it lose connection but if I leave my phone idle in an area with bad/zero connection for a bit and come back to it and try to use it in a location which has connection it won't reconnect for a long time. It doesn't happen all the time but a quick way to get it to connect again is to turn airplane mode on and off.

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
well, mine was bought from harvey norman and i use vodafone network. If 3g is on, then it works fine whole day without much problem. If I disable it and then try to re-enable it some hours later, it won't connect to 3g. (unless I re-enable it immediately after disabling it). I will have to restart the phone to get 3g to work.

I wonder if this is related to your problem, as in maybe there are times when you went to a zone with poor 3g connection (such as in a building) and the 3g connection was dropped and after that it doesn't reconnect?

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Guys,

The issue as mention above dissapeared while i was abroad, but now that im back in australia it happens again. Even sometimes i cant even make a call. Have to wait to turn of the signal and turn it back on before things work correctly.

This is starting to become a reall problem...

Anybody solved this issue ?

thaguy

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
this has to be a software issue because if i use a different browser, nokia xpress it works no problem but if i use ie it doesnt work. i have to reboot the phone.

im getting soo fed up with this device. soo much bugs, Im kinda of regretting getting rid of my iphone 5 :(.

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok,

After phone being sent back a total of 4 times, Nokia finally gave me a new phone. Been using it for a day now, and thus far no drops.

Thaguy what is this access point app you are talking about

Thx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss