Are glossy models scratch-prone?(matte vs glossy)

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a matte black Lumia 920 but it's defective and Nokia promised that they will send me a brand new unit. This time I picked red one. How scratch prone are glossy variants? I don't want another black one as matte rubs off very fast and catches grease like crazy.. is red a good decision? What are pros and cons of matte and glossy lumias?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

klanguedoc

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
They do scratch pretty easily, but nothing horrible. Minor scratches (on my white 920)..so i've ordered clear body protectors (screen protector materials)..i'm really jealous you got the red though :(

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that the glossy scratches more easily, yes. Another reason I'm glad I got the matte black (the only one available in my amazing country)

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a glossy white 920 for 1 month now and I haven't noticed any scratches whatsoever. Also, on the glossy white one finger prints seem invisible :) Do you see any fingerprints on your red back? I personally like the look and feel of matte polycarbonate, but I have seen too many people with HTC's and some with Nokia's where the material gets dirty and there doesn't seem a possibility to clean it properly. With glossy polycarbonate you will never have that problem.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the white as well since it was available and I can't see any scratches either. The white is far better at hiding minor blemishes than any of the other glossy colors though, that is one of the reasons I chose it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett