920 gets really hot after games/browsing. Something to worry about over time?

Adlai91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 (Black) gets really warm on the back near the camera lens. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? If so, should I be worried about my phone from overheating a lot over time and are there any solutions? (Yes I turned off NFC/background tasks and all that junk I dont need to save battery life, yet it still gets hot by just simple streaming and games like Wordament)

Last edited:

mv740

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Using 3g/lte data always heat up the phone... Dont worry it won't overheat ( iphone, android phone all have this prob)

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
well really depends how you define warm.
mine feels like the same temp by doing the same on a iphone4s.
Just to give you a reference.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
that's because games maxes out the GPU and polling the GPU with medium to heavy usage while rendering webpages is very CPU-heavy with medium GPU usage. both activites poll the SoC a lot and that causes it to run at maximum performance, releasing heat and eating the battery. it's simple. btw the hottest point should be the top right corner as that's where the chip is. also, make sure to apply all updates; doing so greatly decrease heat generation and increase battery life a lot for me

Adlai91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I never owned an iphone or any other phone. The nokia lumia 920 is my first smartphone, so I am not familiar with other phones and how they heat up :(

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well don't worry about it, all of the new smartphones heat up just as bad if not worse and they are just fine. PCB can withstand temps of 110c and your battery might go down a little while it's hot but when it cools down it'll bounce back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05