Not getting app updates

hehedeba

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
ynight,
I beg to differ on your opinion. It's not an over-reaction. It's a discussion and (now) a confirmation of a feature that was once working but not anymore. It is also one that would be agreed by majority as basic and essential which is why other OS have it. I don't keep many apps, but the suggestion of searching for updates one-by-one sounds silly. I'm positive it'll get fixed in time to come. And people here have benefited from knowing this issue is faced by many others.

chinlj

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue before when I always turn off 3G data and WiFi at night. Once I left data on overnight, notification came in

Nelman

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
There is an issue with WP8. I just chatted with Microsoft tech help and they said there should be a fix for this sometime in January but he wasn't sure. I won't be holding my breath. My Lumia 900 used to notify me anytime there was an update. I've had my Lumia 920 since November and have NEVER received notification for an update. So all you people who have been complaining about this are right. There IS a problem.

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
There is an issue with WP8. I just chatted with Microsoft tech help and they said there should be a fix for this sometime in January but he wasn't sure. I won't be holding my breath. My Lumia 900 used to notify me anytime there was an update. I've had my Lumia 920 since November and have NEVER received notification for an update. So all you people who have been complaining about this are right. There IS a problem.
I receive them all the time, but never for a Nokia app.

Nelman

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, something IS wrong! Here are the answers I got during a chat with a Microsoft tech agent:

"If i understand right, you're needing help with your application updates? Definitely a known issue with the series 8 at this point. The Live Tiles on your device will prompt you for an update if you go to the store manually, but at this point the rollout fix is planned just not available as of yet. Found that you're not the only one having this issue as of late. 7.5's still update just fine, just not the 8's. I'll add your account as one of the known issues with it and ultimately as soon as an over-the-air update occurs for the device, it should resolve your issue. They're estimating mid January still, but again that's just an estimate."

Nelman

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Actually, this is not true for me. I have had my Nokia Lumia 920 since November and I have NEVER received an app update notification! Only if I find one by going to the store does it show up on my store tile. I completely reset my phone and I'm still not receiving notifications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6