will unlocked lumia 920 work overseas

swap9

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
ok i am planning to buy an unlocked lumia 920 from the US, please help me,
will the unlocked lumia 920 work in india with local operators? if yes
how and where do i purchase the unlocked version from?
its urgent please i expect some quick responses

robsmithuk

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The only thing to make sure is that it is not cdma. Pretty much only the States use cdma (Verizon for one) you will want GSM version (like at&t use) this is pretty much rest-of-world standard.
Also you may have issues getting a micro sim but you can cut down old style sim with scissors or get conversion kits. I have cut several with no issues - check google for guides.
Lastly be aware you probably won't get 4g.
so in short - it should work fine.
As for getting one? Some stores will sell them to you, others will charge to unlock. I have used online legit unlock services before -expect to pay about 50 dollars. Or buy direct online.

swap9

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
ok cool...bdw can u tell me a specific store which will directly sell me an unlocked international version ? in Michigan

robsmithuk

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
It may roam but as a Brit living in the states who has worked all over the world, the only country I have seen using non-GSM is USA. I have Verizon 8x it won't connect to cell towers in europe/middle east as they are incompatible.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Unlocked 920 will work perfectly fine oversees with a compatible micro-SIM. CDMA Lumia 920 is not sold in US or any other country except China I believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077