Lumia 920.... Fun while it lasted

CoryDC

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was so excited about the new Lumia 920, even did the pre-order thing. Talked others into it as well. Now I have had the phone approx 5 weeks, and the honeymoon is over. First main issue was the proximity sensor where I would get a black screen when I made a call even if it was not against my ear. You have to blow out the speaker hole to fix this btw. Not a big deal, but annoying. Now my camera flash stopped working. The camera was half the reason I bought this phone. Just called ATT to get a replacement and was told I will receive a "like new" phone for my new phone. So now I will be stuck with a used phone for the next two years if it makes it that long with no issues, which I am starting to think is not likely. Also my phone has a small scratch on the back from car keys and the rep is telling me if they receive the phone and it has any damage they will charge me $435. I expressed concern about the scratch and he says it doesn't sound like an issue they would care about but couldn't say for sure. So their hardware breaks after one month, I have to accept a used device as a replacement, and have to gamble $435 on the whole transaction hoping the one scratch I have won't be a problem because if it is they won't just send it back they will have to charge the "warranty fee". What a freaking rip off.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd tell them that I wouldn't accept a "like new" device.

When I hear that, I think that it's someone else's return that they just haven't sent back yet because they personally haven't seen examples of the issues the device was returned for.

Demand a new device.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Don't panic yet brow 90% of the time you get a new one. I have the same scratch issue on mine they just say that to scare you. I have a replacement am expecting delivered today. They don't really inspect them that closely. As long as the screen and mother board are in good shape they just toss it in the pile.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
ep7bn.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12