SOLVED: Warranty exchange - new or refurbished? Lumia 920

anon(376224)

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

If you could also share the Nokia contact info with me, I would much appreciate it! I've been going back and forth with them on Twitter, but now they're just telling me to go to AT&T. Honestly, I'd rather go through Nokia.

Thanks!

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to keep mine now, I drained my battery until it didn't start and now I went from 7 to about 18 hrs moderate use, good enough for me. And drain it until you can't turn it on literally. Soo much better now

Iron Eagle

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got my new replacement and it looks and feels brand new! It has stickers on the front, back, the camera plate. Booted up just fine with Portico already installed. Only difference is that that soft touch buttons have a slight green tint to them. Compared to my old one which has a blue tint to the touch buttons. Overall, I'm satisfied and no issues whatsoever.

I still have the old one in hand, maybe I should keep it? >:D I'm sure that's a bad idea though!

anon(376224)

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi--could you send me the contact information as well, please. I really appreciate it.

Same here, please. Nokia told me via Twitter to go through AT&T, but they only do a warrantly replacement with a refurbished phone (which I think is a crock since the phone is obviously defective from the get-go).

Thanks!

Mike

kevinxb

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Are people getting refurbished phones from Nokia in Europe or the US? Could someone please send me the contact info as well please? Thanks!

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Same here, please. Nokia told me via Twitter to go through AT&T, but they only do a warrantly replacement with a refurbished phone (which I think is a crock since the phone is obviously defective from the get-go).

Thanks!

Mike
that sucks, ya att sent me one In bubble wrap and it had stickers on it, but I guess refurbished then huh? Looked brand new. Don't know if I like having a refurbished phone, I had a brand new one at one point

anon(376224)

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
that sucks, ya att sent me one In bubble wrap and it had stickers on it, but I guess refurbished then huh? Looked brand new. Don't know if I like having a refurbished phone, I had a brand new one at one point

Same here, I think. I went through Nokia, and they said they sent me a brand new phone (and it certainly looks new) but the serial number is lower than my original phone. Oh well... As long as this one works.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Got my AT&T refurb exchange 920 last night. Other than the painful "restore" procedure, it looks like new, and (currently) is perfect - proximity sensor works, ff camera works w/o dust, rear camera image stabilization and AF works.

Refurb - possibly better than new :) I only hope the ribbon connector for the small board with the proximity sensor and ffcamera is actually glued on so it doesn't fail again, and that they worked out how to keep dust out.

DaytonaGTS

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Got my AT&T refurb exchange 920 last night. Other than the painful "restore" procedure, it looks like new, and (currently) is perfect - proximity sensor works, ff camera works w/o dust, rear camera image stabilization and AF works.

Refurb - possibly better than new :) I only hope the ribbon connector for the small board with the proximity sensor and ffcamera is actually glued on so it doesn't fail again, and that they worked out how to keep dust out.

what color was yours? I've been waiting now over a month for Red.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077