Number of WP Apps Tracking Site?

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
With all the hype/hand wringing over the number of apps available for Windows Phones, what is the best site to track the numbers of apps, rate of new app submission, etc?

I have been watching Windows Phone application list , but the site hasn't updated in a while, and was always reporting a number several tens of thousands of apps less than that of the more optimist of the media reports.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried tweeting @windowsphone?

No, I haven't--I don't tweet. But thanks for the reply.

WP7applist - Windows Phone 7 Marketplace Stats

For some reason the new apps stopped showing up last week. It's on again. Maybe MS employees took a week off.

That looks like a very good site, But like you say, it has stalled out like the one I linked in my first post. I wonder what's up with that? Maybe some issue with the WP8 apps MS needs to tweek?

Zaam

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That looks like a very good site, But like you say, it has stalled out like the one I linked in my first post. I wonder what's up with that? Maybe some issue with the WP8 apps MS needs to tweek?
MS did some changes in their backend, that's why most of the websites tracking the Store have stopped updating.

I knew it was coming (I own WP7applist.com) but was late in taking action because that's something I do in my spare time. My website has been up and running again in the last week, but there are still some fixes to do, so the total number isn't accurate at the moment. Will try to fix it in the next few days. :)

Also, keep in mind that right now it doesn't show apps exclusive to WP8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss