Stains on my Matte Black 920

fluffy014

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
How do I get rid of stains on the back of my black 920?

There are some dirt marks in the back of the phone. Also, I got the phone on 11/9 and left the stickers that was located on the back on for 2 days so I can leave it feeling like new. After taking off the stickers in the back, I saw an outline on the back of my phone :( I've tried a lot of different things to get it clean, but no luck.

How do I get rid of the marks and the outline? I want the beautiful machine to be clean.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I use a micro fiber cloth to rub out stains on my matte black 920, rub in a circular motion with no solvents has kept my phone in like new condition, it has removed blemishes that Windex didn't touch

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, surprised, I have not yet run across anything yet that my cloth wasn't able to remove, I've had my phone since launch day and its still like new, of course I kinda anal about keeping it clean lol

PaulSancheezzee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue on my cyan. It's more noticeable in certain lighting. I've tried an assortment of cloths but nothing has been able to remove them.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
When I had my black 900, I used a soft cloth dampened with distilled water, followed by a dry soft cloth. Works great.

This combo works great on television screens also. No streaks.

Keep in mind, I'm talking about distilled water purchased at the store. Bottled drinking water isn't the same thing.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Are you all referring to actual debris or is the finish wearing off? I have heard that the finish on matte phones tends to wear off, but I honestly am at a loss as to what is "staining" your phones, seriously mine gets kinda dirty after a days use but my cloth has been able to remove everything so far, even dried latex paint, it came right out with just a little rubbing, sorry to hear you can't get the stains off, that would drive me nuts lol

fluffy014

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
for example, after i washed my hands, i dried them, but not completely because i was going to answer a phone call. after my phone call ended, there was just a tad of water on the back. i wiped it off, but stains were created.. How does a phone stain because of water? it makes no sense

Trivikram Ch

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Its not because of water. Its the glass problem which will be visible only when water or any other solution fall onit. Show it to the service center guys and ask for replacement of the entire display. I got replaced for my lumia 620 ( which is having similar stains right from the day of purchase, which I realised later).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster