Lumia 920 Collecting Dirt Underneath Screen?

sirwannabe

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello fellow Lumineers,

I love keeping my gadgets in perfect conditon, from my laptop to all the smartphones I've ever had. Not only do I like the shine, but it helps with resale value too, since iphones and like-new laptops are always easy to sell at large discounts. That being said, this weekend I spent several hours chopping wood with a chainsaw with the phone in my pocket. Granted it was a zipper pocket, I figured it would protect the phone perfectly enough, but I looked at the front facing cam this morning and, after wiping it vigorously with my soft tshirt, realized that the dirt/sawdust was UNDERNEATH the lens of the camera. I immediately began pushing on the screen of the phone to figure out if everything was sealed, and though the screen can be "pushed in" ever so slightly, its still surprising dirt was able to find its way in. Is anyone else experiencing this? maybe the pocket junk works its way in via the earpiece? I dont know, but there's sawdust muddying up my front facing camera, and it makes me sad!

lukes80

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't using a chainsaw, but I have the same problem. I think it is just lint from my pocket. Not sure how it is getting in there, but headphone jack seems like a likely culprit.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
hardware problem. mainly the edges of the screen is too big and loose and dirt get it. send it in to nokia for repair

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium