Nokia Wireless charging Issue

jjmc2001

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had no issues at all with charging or battery life until today. This afternoon I place my 920 on the Nokia charging plate when it had about 60% battery life remaining according to the batterry saver application. After a few minutes I noticed the white LED on the plate was rapidly blinking (meaning error). I picked up the phone and it was very hot. Nothing appeared to be running in the background but the remaining battery life was now 11% so something caused the phone to rapidly discharge. After a couple of soft resets I tried the charging plate again and it lights up but the phone continues to discharge. Now at 7% and hooked up to a wired charger but it is not seeming to do anything. Update: after about 15 minutes now down to 5%. I have unistalled the battery saver app. Still on wired charger. Very strange. Any suggestions are welcomed.

goixiz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
happened to me as well - similar situation drained and light blinks and phone was hot

I did notice that this happened when was charging when windows battery info app was on.
Soft reset and recharged full (took a long time) on USB charger and now the wireless charger seems fine but i wont try running the battery app when charging

jjmc2001

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Update on problem. I was not able to give the phone a sufficuent charge while in car to make any calls (after about 20 minutes). Now phone appears to have charged up to 34% using USB charger but after 20 minutes on wireless charger phone discharged to 29%. Apparently wireless charging does not work and actually discharges the phone. I plan on leaving it on the wireless overnight and if it is fully discharged it is going back for and exchange. I may dump the 920 and go back to an iphone even though I over the 920. Right now I just feel like a beta tester.

PLa 925

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar issue with my new Lumia 925. I have used the phone three days. I bought the charging shell (CC-3065) and a table and car chargers (DT-900, CR-200). Inserted the shell to the phone, and put the phone on the DT-900 charger plate. The white led illuminated in the plate as supposed and stayed on as long as the phone was on the plate. But the phone itself did not respond with a beep or anything (did not charge at all during the night). Applying some pressure to the phone from the sides helped occasionally (phone actually started to charge) but after couple of seconds or tens of seconds it stopped charging. The charger did not show any error signals. The same thing happens with the car charger (occasionally starts charging and stops charging during a drive). I did some tests with another identical 925 by switching the same 3065 shell to another phone. The results was that everything worked fine. So, there seems to be a problem with my phone. I took it to service today for further inspections. Let's see what they find. :unhappy:

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^^^ sounds like the charging shell didn't connect with the phone properly, so a shell issue rather than a phone issue.
the charger will have recognised the shell, but nothing was transferred to the phone until you pressed on it making that connection... when you released it stopped charging? correct? if so, sounds like a shell issue.

fwiw I charge my 920 solely on the wireless charger and have not had any issues in the year (just under) I have had it.

PLa 925

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say that the cover is faulty since it works in my workmates phone. In my workmate's phone the back plate of the phone is slightly in a different position compared to my phone. There is maybe 0.2 mm difference in the vertical position. One can check this by inspecting the air gaps between the frame and the back plate from the top and bottom part. I don't know whether that explains the story. But in deed I was able to fix my problem by putting some duct tape in the lower inner corners of the charging cover so that the phone is placed a bit more up than normally. Now the charging works perfectly. So, it is difficult to say which one is faulty, the phone backside or the optional cover. Anyway it seems that it is a matter of luck whether customer gets a proper combination of phone and cover to get the charging working. However, I don't know how widely acknowledged problem this is (would require testing of several devices and covers).

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had that problem as well with my 920 on occasion if I don't set it down on the wireless charger in the right position. A simple reposition fixes my issue every time.

PLa 925

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Regarding to my eariler post on this thread, the story ended so that the service got the whole phone replaced into a new one due to the wireless charging problem that I described.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6