Rogers updates for 1249 release available on NaviFirm

David Keller

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
With all the talk that ATT Lumia owners getting new firmware update today, I thought us on Rogers network will have to wait for a while. Just checked NaviFirm and I can see updates available for Rogers variant of Lumia 920. I have checked last night and only ATT updates were available.

I will wait till Friday for OTA before I do manual update.

David

Commander Data

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
With all the talk that ATT Lumia owners getting new firmware update today, I thought us on Rogers network will have to wait for a while. Just checked NaviFirm and I can see updates available for Rogers variant of Lumia 920. I have checked last night and only ATT updates were available.

I will wait till Friday for OTA before I do manual update.

David

So are you saying you think we will get the update on Rogers or not? I'm a little confused.

Smileymtl

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I saw the updates for Rogers very early this morning. We will definitely be getting this update however "when" is the question. I'm gonna wait a few days myself to see if it gets pushed OTA, if not I'll manually update it this weekend too.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Look like Rogers gonna get more colors as the list of variants includes Yellow, Red, and White.
WHOA I hope the colours don't come after at least another month... otherwise it's gonna make me a little regretful for getting the black again. Although I have to say I'm really happy with the black, it looks amazing. just wanted the white originally....

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
WHOA I hope the colours don't come after at least another month... otherwise it's gonna make me a little regretful for getting the black again. Although I have to say I'm really happy with the black, it looks amazing. just wanted the white originally....
AT&T has the exclusive with Nokia to have 920 in all different color and that what I think is the cause of not having multiple color with Rogers. Some people said that AT&T and Rogers are the same, but AT&T somehow disable the AWS band to get the exclusive. That means when the exclusive near the end, Nokia can pretty much focus on releasing different color with the same hardware. They don't have the luxury to manufacture multiple color with different versions, so they tried to limit the supply at first, then expand it later on.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has the exclusive with Nokia to have 920 in all different color and that what I think is the cause of not having multiple color with Rogers. Some people said that AT&T and Rogers are the same, but AT&T somehow disable the AWS band to get the exclusive.
AT&T and Rogers are non-competitors. Their networks do not overlap due to being in different countries. As such, any exclusivity within their countries should not carry over and effect the other.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Dude. I'm with you on this one. I could not wait any longer so I told my sister to get me a black from Rogers. She comes home on the 25th Dec.

Man.. If anything else releases before that or anytime close after that. I'm going to be pissed. I really wanted a red as my car and laptop are both red.

Was really hard to me to take the black. My patience ran thin.

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
The manual update you mean reflash your phone? The bad news about it is the backup (there is no full backup). We have to reinstall all again... I hope Rogers release it soon!

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And this is the problem with being an impatient nerd :D

Instead of waiting an hour, I tried doing it myself, and am now starting from scratch lol.

I only have myself to blame.

thedumbkid

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
And this is the problem with being an impatient nerd :D

Instead of waiting an hour, I tried doing it myself, and am now starting from scratch lol.

I only have myself to blame.
I almost did that too, but the download was taking a while and luckily when I checked for update on my phone it showed up! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6