RM-821 Lumia 920 PR1_1 Available on Servers.

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys, when you downloaded those firmwares, did you also check the NWP8_simlock something file?

I have an unloced phone and I don't want to lock it with some operator firmware...

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys, when you downloaded those firmwares, did you also check the NWP8_simlock something file?

I have an unloced phone and I don't want to lock it with some operator firmware...
I checked all files and my A1-simcard (Austrian mobile provider) still works in my flashed "Orange-Switzerland"-firmware white 920.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cool, downloading it now.

Is the firmware heavily customized for operator? Noticed any differences?
059R4H0: RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471_12491_001_v2_White
=> The URLs in extras-Info are the ones for Mobiltelefone, Mobil- & Internet-Abonnemente, Entertainment Services - Orange Communications SA/AG instead of Handy - Festnetz - Internet - Mobiles Internet - TV | A1.net (my real provider).
- you will find an app called SBB (Timetable for "Swiss Train") which can be deleted.
- orange is the design-color by default after 1st bootup - just do a restore and you will get your old settings, apps and colours...

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
apon tryingto install the nokia care program, it says I needed MS VC ++ 2010. So I downloaded and installed, then it said I needed MS VC ++ 2005 SP1 so I downloaded and installed, but now it still says I need MS VC ++ 2005 SP1. But I installed it.... anyone got any ideas? also is there a way to do this without the nokia care program?

PhilS_UK

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I take it this is just the existing ROM then for unlocked in UK ?

Capture.JPG

Where does the PR1_1 bit come into all this? #NoobQuestion :confused:
Thanks

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
059R4H0: RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471_12491_001_v2_White
=> The URLs in extras-Info are the ones for Mobiltelefone, Mobil- & Internet-Abonnemente, Entertainment Services - Orange Communications SA/AG instead of Handy - Festnetz - Internet - Mobiles Internet - TV | A1.net (my real provider).
- you will find an app called SBB (Timetable for "Swiss Train") which can be deleted.
- orange is the design-color by default after 1st bootup - just do a restore and you will get your old settings, apps and colours...

Could you check whether this ROM appears to has a Thai keyboard available under the "Add Keyboard" section?
If it does, then I think I'll try to flash my LM with this ROM.

Another question is, is it possible for me to flashed my LM back to the old ROM (Native ROM)?

Just 1 last question: my device is Red LM, and this is the ROM for White LM. Will it be any conflict issue?

Thank you in advance.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Could you check whether this ROM appears to has a Thai keyboard available under the "Add Keyboard" section?
If it does, then I think I'll try to flash my LM with this ROM.
It does show Thai and all other keyboards and it shows Thai-letters on the keyboard when I switch to Thai from German or English in the Mail app.

BE AWARE that 4G is gone using this firmware - no problem for me as I don't have a sim capable of using 4G networks.

Last edited:

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It does show Thai and all other keyboards and it shows me Thai-letters on the keyboard when i switch to Thai from German or English in the Mail app.

BE AWARE that 4G is gone using this firmware - no problem for me as I don't have a sim capable of using 4G networks.

Thanks for letting us know. Do you get the h+ logo or are you now stuck with 3G for the data connection?

Wit Stwosz

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I won't be on my laptop untill tomorrow, and I want to ask you something:

Can I flash my Lumia 920 if I bought it in Poland (Orange)?

Would somebody be so kind that he could check, it there is a PL rom somewhere in Nokia Care Suite?

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I won't be on my laptop untill tomorrow, and I want to ask you something:

Can I flash my Lumia 920 if I bought it in Poland (Orange)?

Would somebody be so kind that he could check, it there is a PL rom somewhere in Nokia Care Suite?

From what I checked, there still no PL Rom in Nokia Care Suite for now.

Griffinx

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
If I bought a UK EE phone and got it unlocked with unlockfrog (im using it on an Irish network), can I load one of these portico ROMs?

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for checking. Do you think it's still possible that it will show up before that magical february? Should I keep on checking and a daily basis?

Sorry to say that I'm not sure of this.
But I think you'll surely know the latest status by visiting this forums.

Quist2012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to point out that it seems as if Orange in Switzerland doesn't have an LTE network, which is why that option is disappearing. You might want to try the Belgium Proximus firmware as Proximus has an LTE network. If anyone tries, I would be interested in hearing if your 4G still works after flashing (Proximus uses the 1800 MHz frequency for its LTE which is widespread, but a lot of others use different frequencies and the RM-821 should be able to handle them all - or at least the 2600 MHz which is also widespread).

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Can someone check on which Portico ROMs have the 4G option?

I have tested the Switzerland ROM

RM821_1232.5951.1249.1003_RETAIL_eu_euro2_345_03_118252_prd_signed

And it does not have the 4G option.

Update: Nevermind, I found it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6