RM-821 Lumia 920 PR1_1 Available on Servers.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to Flash the RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471_12491_001_v2_Black onto a Vodafone Branded L920 frome Germany?

There are generally two types of NL920 phones. The rm820 and rm821. rm820 is only for US and Canada, while the rm821 is for the rest of the world. If your phone is rm821, you can flash any ROM for rm821. I am not sure how rm820 works.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm also interested in having some feedback for the Belgian Proximus rom

I just checked, the Belgium Proximus ROM has 4G option.

However, the date+time set automatically option has been removed.

And there are no carriers associated with this ROM, weird.

Last edited:

Quist2012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yupp, I installed the Belgian rom on my Swedish phone and it went well in the end. As generalsu said, the 4G works (shows as L on the status field, but I've speed tested it and it's running with my local LTE provider) and the auto time/date option is missing.

Otherwise, this firmware seems to be working a charm. I'll be testing the camera more in the next few days, but I'm pretty happy to have gotten a functioning 4G firmware with the fix on my international 920 (RM-821).

thyttel

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Yupp, I installed the Belgian rom on my Swedish phone and it went well in the end. As generalsu said, the 4G works (shows as L on the status field, but I've speed tested it and it's running with my local LTE provider) and the auto time/date option is missing.

Otherwise, this firmware seems to be working a charm. I'll be testing the camera more in the next few days, but I'm pretty happy to have gotten a functioning 4G firmware with the fix on my international 920 (RM-821).

I also installed the Belgian rom on my Danish phone and all went well and noticed same things as you.

Did some testing with the camera and I actually found the camera even WORSE now when it comes to soft pictures with the Belgian rom so now I just flashed back the danish rom that it came with. Guess these are not final roms because camera really really didn't improve in the Belgian rom. Lot's of tweaking to camera is needed

cncworma

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I've contacted Nokia care twice and both times they seem to think the rm821 will still be getting portico in December. What was the source for the February statement?

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It does show Thai and all other keyboards and it shows Thai-letters on the keyboard when I switch to Thai from German or English in the Mail app.

BE AWARE that 4G is gone using this firmware - no problem for me as I don't have a sim capable of using 4G networks.

Thanks to you @arni99, I'm success in flashing my Thai LM920 with the ROM you suggest without any issues.
The daylight shot seems better than before, but still not sure if it really that different (cause I'm not the photography guy - -')

But, still impressed with the pics quality here.

Just 1 remark from me, I think the night shot seems a bit harder to get the proper pics (often blurry image) comparing with before update.
Anyway, I'll try again tonight.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I reflashed the Switzerland-Orange ROM with my original Austrian ROM, but 4G is still missing although it shows my Austrian provider A1 as mobile operator.
No issue for me as my SIM does not support LTE...and I am happy with H+ speed.
Just a warning for you that 4G might be gone (forever?).
Back to Switzerland-Orange ROM again ;).

Anybody knows why the color is important when choosing the right ROM for your phone?

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to Flash the RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471_12491_001_v2_Black onto a Vodafone Branded L920 frome Germany?
You will be losing 4G (LTE) using this ROM and reflashing with the original 1242 firmware does NOT restore 4G in mobile data max. speed settings....at least in my case ;).

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You will be losing 4G (LTE) using this ROM and reflashing with the original 1242 firmware does NOT restore 4G in mobile data max. speed settings....at least in my case ;).

If you flash back the original ROM, you'll still get the 4G option back if you have LTE with your carrier of course. Some Country Variant ROM will have the 4G option untied to any carrier, such as Singapore.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AW: RM-821 Lumia 920 PR1_1 Available on Servers.

If you flash back the original ROM, you'll still get the 4G option back if you have LTE with your carrier of course. Some Country Variant ROM will have the 4G option untied to any carrier, such as Singapore.
Why did I have the 4G option before on my original ROM although my SIM does not support 4G? Thanks. ;-)
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_345 using Board Express

Quist2012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I also installed the Belgian rom on my Danish phone and all went well and noticed same things as you.

Did some testing with the camera and I actually found the camera even WORSE now when it comes to soft pictures with the Belgian rom so now I just flashed back the danish rom that it came with. Guess these are not final roms because camera really really didn't improve in the Belgian rom. Lot's of tweaking to camera is needed
Hi, I believe you, but just wanted to ask how you tested this? Were you been pleased with your pictures on the original firmware?

Just wondering if I might do better to switch to the prefix Danish rom for better results. Still, for me, it "feels" like the pictures are better on the Belgian rom than the Swedish, but may just be a placebo effect. I'm not sure.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: AW: RM-821 Lumia 920 PR1_1 Available on Servers.

Why did I have the 4G option before on my original ROM although my SIM does not support 4G? Thanks. ;-)
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_345 using Board Express

I think the 4G option is dependent on the ROM you flashed as opposed to what your microSIM card can support.

thyttel

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Sv: RM-821 Lumia 920 PR1_1 Available on Servers.

Hi, I believe you, but just wanted to ask how you tested this? Were you been pleased with your pictures on the original firmware?

Just wondering if I might do better to switch to the prefix Danish rom for better results. Still, for me, it "feels" like the pictures are better on the Belgian rom than the Swedish, but may just be a placebo effect. I'm not sure.

I'm far from happy with the pictures on the Danish Rom. Pictures are soft on that Rom as well but I found the pictures much more washed out and soft on the Belgian Rom.
I took pictures in different lighting situations and pictures still came out soft but with the Belgian Rom it also seemed like a cloudy white layer was present in the pictures. This was especially bad in low light pictures.

Quist2012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Those of you who have the Belgian ROM installed, does anybody see any improvement in the pictures? Any worse pictures?

One person so far says the pictures are worse (thyttel). For me, I felt the contrast was a bit better, but when I finally managed to get my old, pre-fix pictures from Skydrive, I really can't see any improvement. Looking at the pictures folks are taking on the other side of the pond makes me wonder if (a) the camera fix didn't really make it into these builds of Portico or (b) reinstalling from a backup overwrites the configuration improvements in the camera app. Otherwise, the Belgian ROM fixed my battery issues and problems with Skype among other things, so it's a step in the right direction, but I'm just wondering if it's half-baked on the camera front.

So what do you say about your pictures after installing the update? Which update are you using, Belgian, Swiss, North African?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss