RM-821 Lumia 920 PR1_1 Available on Servers.

Quist2012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hhhrrrmm.

So, I'm just back from a round-the-world flashing trip and can only confirm my disappointment. Portico in itself is definitely a major step forward, especially with regard to battery life and anything that needs to maintain an Internet connection in the background (Outlook, Skype, etc.).

The camera fix, however, proved to be a major disappointment on my phone. Pictures after the update (if there is one on any of the RM-821 Portico releases) were just as poor as before the update. When I look at the pictures from North America before and after the update, I see a major difference. At the same time, their pictures before the update seemed a bit better than any of my pictures as it was. That is part of the explanation to why they can't really understand our frustration internationally that the update was delayed.

My pictures are almost exactly like those found in this thread - http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/209850-lumia-920-can-take-sharp-pitcures-app.html - and that app, Camera Easy, produces pictures that aren't just sharper (like can be provided by a sharpening setting/algorithm), but they contain more detail in the actual picture. No matter how much post-processing I apply to my pictures restores the details lost in whatever it is wiping the fine details away. The Camera Easy app seems to retain the information the sensor actually captures, whereas the standard camera ruins the pictures.

And this is even after the update. I tried the Belgium Proximus, unbranded Belgium, unbranded Hong Kong and German T-Mobile version of the Portico update and none of them appreciably improved my camera. This coupled with the fact that the Camera Easy makes great pictures leaves me really disappointed in the 920. Sure, it might just be my phone, which would suck for me, but it might also be something in the software on our RM-821 that was not fixed the same way as the easy fix on the RM-820. That may be why they originally said the update would be delayed, but they may now be rushing out Portico without a camera fix after all the disappointment from us users.

kpfogey

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who has flashed a different variant rom from their original can confirm if gps is still working? I flashed to a different one and gps gets a location, but will not update. This happens with both Nokia maps and gmaps apps. I'm pretty certain it's not a hardware issue as it was working fine before I flashed it.

zammi

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Updated my 059R0H4 (AE open market) to RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_im_mea3_306_02_121284 now.
So far everything works fine, and 4G (LTE) enabled :)

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who has flashed a different variant rom from their original can confirm if gps is still working? I flashed to a different one and gps gets a location, but will not update. This happens with both Nokia maps and gmaps apps. I'm pretty certain it's not a hardware issue as it was working fine before I flashed it.

My LM920 is the Thailand unlocked version, now I flashed it with the Hong Kong ROM available in Nokia server.
I did the test a moment ago with Nokia maps, the GPS working fine in Nokia map. It can update my location in real time.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The list of firmware updates for devices is now half-way through. This took about 2 weeks. I suspect an update at the end of January, if not before.

Pl4ub

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Are the North Americans still the only ones who have got OTA the update? Or have non Americans started to get OTA too, after their product code appeared in Navifirm?

Mine Finnish product code just did pop up there. Too lazy nowadays to flash, tho I have heavy flashing background from Symbian, android and meego times...

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
So whats the verdict for EE UK?? Camera? Does it have 4G enabled etc etc??

Flashed it yesterday, seems to be working fine with 4G, no random reboots so far.

Just a side question, the firmware that is available on navifirm, are they final versions that nokia will release or will there still be other stuff they will add on??

snakechia

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just check the navifirm to see if the PR1 release available for my device or not, get what surprise me is, all the ROM was gone!!!! except for those existing version!

LC247

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I may be a bit late to the discussion (sorry :sweaty:)
I recently purchased a Lumia 920 in switzerland.
I ran 'Phone update' several times already, but it doesnt seem to find the Portico update yet....

Phone details:
RM-821_eu_euro2_249
000-CH

OS version: 8.0.9903.10
Firmware revision number: 1232.2109.1242.1001

any idea what to do? (something which would be easy enough for a beginner such as myself)

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett