we users living in other places except US and Canda won't get our updates before February next yeat?

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
US and Canada: Update your Nokia Lumia 920 & Lumia 820 ? Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

"Although this update is initially available for owners on AT&T and Rogers in North America, we haven?t forgotten about Lumia owners in other markets. Rest assured, we are working with Microsoft and our operator partners around the globe to ensure the highest quality software updates for our family of Lumia smartphones. Together with Microsoft, we aim at beginning to deliver these updates to other markets in early February 2013."

What are you thinking Nokia???:angry:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Title is misleading. I'm going to have a Rogers Lumia 920 soon... and I'm going to get the updates.

Oh. I'm not in Canada/US ;)

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you read (???)

Yes. It says, and I quote, "we are working with Microsoft and our operator partners". Perhaps your ire at Nokia is misplaced; perhaps it's Microsoft holding them back, maybe Microsoft's update system isn't fully ready outside of North America. Perhaps it's the "operator partners" holding the updates back to see how things go in North America first. It might not be Nokia holding the updates back.

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe It's Santa Claus holding it back. But that shouldn't make there be months of difference before the "pure" Lumia/unbranded/ no stupid ass logo on it version getting it and American branded ones. What about people in Finland?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It could very well be Santa Claus... maybe WP8 users outside of North America were bad little boys and girls and so they don't get their Portico updates, heh.

The delay does seem a bit unwarranted with the update rolling out to North America today, I'll agree. My point was that no one outside of Nokia, Microsoft, and maybe the providers know the actual reason (or reasons) for the delay.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Its the lack of information that is annoying. Surely someone can explain the reasons for the delay? The silence is more damaging than the delay.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can read perfectly. I'm just tired of european countries blaming americans(and in this case, canadians too) for their problems. It's those damn yankees, right? Nokia is a European company. Microsoft is an American company. The majority of the marketshare lies not in america or canada but everywhere else. Next time before you blame other people for your problems, think for one second.

Last edited:

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Its the lack of information that is annoying. Surely someone can explain the reasons for the delay? The silence is more damaging than the delay.

The delay is simple. Nokia simply wants to screw the International unbranded unlocked NL920 users up. To them, we are second class customers, while US and Canadian users are first class. Typical idiotic preferential treatment.

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I can read perfectly. I'm just tired of european countries blaming americans(and in this case, canadians too) for their problems. It's those damn yankees, right? Nokia is a European company. Microsoft is an American company. The majority of the marketshare lies not in america or canada but everywhere else. Next time before you blame other people for your problems, think for one f'ing second.

Can you REALLY read?? In what part of my post I blame Americans or Candians?? I do blame other people for my problems but it's Nokia (and maybe a little bit of Microsoft) that I'm blaming. Can you read (???) when I ask: what is Nokia thinking? If you head to the link and read the comments there you will notice that I'm not the only person who ask that question.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: we users living in other places except US and Canda won't get our updates before February next..

I just flashed both the OS and Fw update with a Belgian file on a French 920 works like a charm! Check Navifirm that Feb 2013 shxt is a miscomunication.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: we users living in other places except US and Canda won't get our updates before February next..

I don't want to wait february!! I have a unlocked phone, is there any way for me to install either the att or the roger one from Navifirm, or will this just brick my phone?

lindhmik

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The majority of the marketshare lies not in america or canada but everywhere else..

.. and that is one big reason why its unbelievable that any american or canadian gets nothing before europeans from Nokia. Totally unaccetable. They dont nowadays give a f*** about any customers unless youre not the one with at**** or rogers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster