Portico Update Bug List

JuneMono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My phone shows 11 updates available in the marketplace, but I check it out, shows no titles just "Attention Required"; switch to WiFi same error. Anyone else with this issue? Lumia 920 w/Portico update.

agbva

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Two problems here after the update on my 920:
Phone goes to sleep if not used for a few hours or overnight and requires a soft reset to bring it back to life. This one is killing me.
On a call when you take the phone away from your face, the screen remains dark. Have to hit the power button to bring the screen back. Small problem but one that was introduced with the update.

kane4fire

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my 920 and never used it without updating to portico, I am having one very annoying bug:

Bluetooth music playback in my car. It will just stop playing for certain tracks. Says it's playing but the time index never moves past 0:00 and no sound comes out. I can fast forward to the next song and it will work. 1 out of every 3 random songs will do this. Very very annoying.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
my sister was having issues last week...probably before the update. The lady at AT&T said that it was because she was using a USB Car Charger and that was causing the freezing. And that Nokia phones could only be used with Nokia chargers.

Obviously that is bull sh*t...as I haven't even unwrapped my Nokia charger and my 920 doesn't have any issues. I use the Wireless maybe 2 days a week and the other 5 charges are split between one at work that came with an old Samsung and one at home that is a 3rd party / dual slot.

But...just a thought for those STILL having the issue...someone out there probably fed the lady the line about the charger...it could have SOME truth to it, in that maybe it doesn't play well with old/weak chargers.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, I had my first issue after the Portico update this morning. I had my 920 on the wireless charging pad last evening and when I took it off I noticed it was very hot. I had not had this happen for over a month now. I put it on the wired charger when I went to bed and it was still really hot, too hot to hold for an extended period of time. When I woke up, the phone was constantly restarting which had never happened to me before. I took it off the charger and it stopped rebooting except it was stuck in airplane mode. I tried turning it off but it kept turning itself back on. I restarted the phone and still in airplane mode. The WiFi would connect to my network but would not pull any data from it. After about 30 minutes the battery was still hot and constantly discharging. It was down to 30% after 30 minutes and kept dropping so I plugged it in again to keep it from dying. I waited for the AT&T store to open and took it in to get it replaced. They tried to turn airplane mode off and couldn't and they couldn't believe how hot it was either. They called corporate to ship me a replacement, but of course today is a Friday. When I got home, I reset the phone which just gave me rotating gears. I then flashed the phone and it is still stuck in airplane mode and won't pull any data from WiFi. Also, while writing this post the phone was on the wall charger and went from 19% to 16%.

wolftron

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone getting really crappy battery life after updating? I used to be able to get 2 days of batterly life easily with light usage... now i struggle to get 11 hours with light usage :(

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I'm the same. Used to go a day and half, now I barely get through the day. It definitely has something to do with apps in the background, the idle drain on mine is ridiculous now. I wish MS would let us see what's eating at our batteries, the advanced settings don't really help much :(

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I received a replacement with the portico update. Multiple issues, anybody can help?

random reboots
Battery draining on idle - decreased from 85% to 65% in 1.5 hours while i was sleeping. I can tell there is something going on as my alarm clock is receiving feedback from the phone like how we used to with the olden flip phones.

Im probably going to get another exchange, but i thought the portico update would resolve the reboots but apparently it didnt and the battery life will only last probably 7-8 hours.

Settings bluetooth off, nfc off, 4 emails 2 on as arrive other 2 manual, 3 running background tasks - weatherflow, locksider, and battery status.

Here is the thing, i was given a loaner by nokia to use as my original phone had battery issues. The loaner was a 920 as well and with the same settings, it worked great and had almost no issues except the black screen when calling which can be resolved by blowing into the sensor.

i finally get a replacement and back to the same battery issues with the same settings and apps as i did a restore. Not sure if i want to keep a loaner, but nokia said i cant keep anyway. But i have to give up the loaner since my nieces phone bricked so now she will use so im stuck with this until i request another replacement.

Im beginning to think if the better camera was worth it instead of getting an 8x, my coworker has an 8x and chose that because he is a heavy user as he travels and sacrificed the better camera for the estimated 3 hours of additional battery life over nokia.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I finally got a 920 and did the update. Two places are broken now. When sending text, I usually type in landscape mode. Tipping the phone to landscape and the text window adjusts. That no longer happens. Same with my picture hub. If I turn the phone to landscape, the image should flip but now it doesn't move at all. Find my phone shows OFF on the screen even though when you tap to go inside the slider is set to ON. Any ideas here?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
People that have random reboots should think about getting a replacement phone. I have had many smartphones. The 3 phones I had with random reboots were all hardware issue. My Lumia 920 has no random reboot or freezing at all.

crackdezberries

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read thru the thread so I'm sorry if this is a repeat but my g/f and I are having an issue where we get to the phone and it is off when we take it off the charger and have to turn it back on. Does anyone elses do the same, its kind of an annoyance when I need my alarm during the week. I have seen and noticed mine does the whole brightness back to high and have to go back into settings to turn auto on back off and go to low.also the charging issue has only started happening since the portico update

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read thru the thread so I'm sorry if this is a repeat but my g/f and I are having an issue where we get to the phone and it is off when we take it off the charger and have to turn it back on. Does anyone elses do the same, its kind of an annoyance when I need my alarm during the week. I have seen and noticed mine does the whole brightness back to high and have to go back into settings to turn auto on back off and go to low.also the charging issue has only started happening since the portico update
NNeverhad that happen . That is not normal I would exchange if it keeps happening

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
This is my 4th Lumia 920, everything is fine except battery, my phones would last about 12-15 hours a day. Now this one came in 2 days ago and I automatically installed portico. I'm getting about 7-8 hours of battery. And I drains like 2 percent every 10 minutes. Ive cycled the battery three times, and just now did a full restore. Gonna see if this works, I'm just wondering is it the battery? Or the update? I don't really wanna send this in for a 5th one. My last phone had the old software and I updated it and it worked great, this one is terrible, also even light usage and battery will drop, lets say I text a couple people, my battery will drop about 2 percent for that

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I had a reboot last night while watching a show on Netflix, it is the second time since I got the phone, once before the update and the one yesterday. I don't know what it could be, the restart issues from what I've read happens more often. Anyone else experience this?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This morning woke up, was using the phone to browse the web, read USA Today etc. No new emails.

Switched off Wifi. All my emails poured in.

So clearly there is a bug here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss